Hacking Emunand/sysnand backup size?

DogParty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have successfully done the OTP portion of the guide, how much space does the emunand/sysnand back ups take up? My microSD card is 64 Gb and it has roughly 18 Gb free. Would the emunand backup only take up ~4 Gb like a gateway NAND back up or would it also include a backup of my cias? Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have successfully done the OTP portion of the guide, how much space does the emunand/sysnand back ups take up? My microSD card is 64 Gb and it has roughly 18 Gb free. Would the emunand backup only take up ~4 Gb like a gateway NAND back up or would it also include a backup of my cias? Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!
It's normal NAND backups, so 1-2 GB apiece.

TaintedByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand backup just has the system nand backed up, the game data from CIAs are installed to the SD card.

Here are the sizes for my emuNANDS:
Old 3DS -- 976,896 KB
New 3DS -- 1,933,312 KB

DogParty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's normal NAND backups, so 1-2 GB apiece.

Please note, people, that this is intended as a results thread, not a Q&A thread.
There's plenty of more suitable places to ask these things without cluttering this one.

Thanks!

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

About 2 GB per dump (Emunand/Sysnand/Xorpad) on N3DS and 1 GB per dump on O3DS. You will be copying the files over to your computer anyways so you will be able to free space on your SD card.

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs