NULL

RELEASE Emunand Switcher - Emunand changer - Several emunands on the SD card

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Storm21, May 30, 2019.

Front-page RELEASE
    Emunand Switcher

Introduction:

After an idea, I started to develop this payload app. The app is rather for developers and testers thought but who can use it, with pleasure... This can simultaneously operate a maximum of three Emunands on the SD card and be changed with a few clicks. The Emunands and the content installed on SD are all separate and can be updated with different system software versions.

At the moment this is just for SXOS, but as soon as the atmosphere SD Emunand is released on June 15th, I'm ready. ;) It works on all system software versions (payload) because it is an RCM app and will run before any CFW or Nintendo code follows.

Before installation, an Emunand must be created by SXOS and also work!

screenshot release start eng. screenshot Emunand install.

Installation Guide:

The installation should be made on the PC, console off, SD in the PC (important because of the Emutendo folder, otherwise there are errors) So not with NXShell or something ...

1. Copy folder emunandswitcher to root SD

An Emunand must already be installed sxos/emunand = Emunand 1

2. Copy desired Emunandbackup into emunandswitcher/folders/emutmp01 = Emunand 2
    3. Copy desired emunandbackup into emunandswitcher/folders/emutmp02 = Emunand 3

4. Copy Emuntendo folder content in emunandswitcher/folders/emutendo01 = Emunand 2 Emutendo
    5. Copy Emuntendo folder content in emunandswitcher/folders/emutendo02 = Emunand 3 Emutendo

The folder structure will change if an emunand is being switched, please do not change it. The app orientate on the folder which Emunand is installed, etc. If the original state is to be established, install Emunand 1. Then everything is in the state as only one Emunand would be installed.

6. Edit config.ini in the emunandswitcher folder as you like: Edit only the back text! e.g.
    Emunand 1 = System software 6.20
    Emunand 2 = System software 5.10
    Emunand 3 = System software 3.00

Or

Emunand 1 = Testemunand
    Emunand 2 = Systememunand
    Emunand 3 = Whatever

After an update of an emunand the config.ini has to be edited again manually.

7. Copy emunsw.nro to switch/emunsw/emunsw.nro

8. Copy emunandswitcher 0104449021444000.nsp to SD root

9. SD card back into Switch and boot SXOS

The Emunandswitcher "emunsw.bin" can be started via a Payload Loader like Dongle, TegraRCM etc.
    But it is simpler:

10. To start from the Switch menu, install Emunandswitcher 0104449021444000.nsp.

To start from the homebrew menu run Emunandswitcher there.

11. The installation is done and configured you can start ...

Use:

Start the Emunandswitcher via the desired method: Start via NRO in the Homebrew menu, or start NSP in the Switch Menu, or send the payload.

The app informs when starting if a theme is installed and will be removed if necessary. To avoid the starterror when starting another system software version.

Under "Start SXOS ..." the currently active emunand is being updated from config.ini.
    Under "Emunand 1 - 3" the input is displayed in the config.ini.

To change an Emunand simply press on the desired icon. The app always informs what is done or if something should be wrong. Nothing is changed as long as the conditions are not right!

Attention: Only boot0.bin, boot1.bin and full.00.bin are checked because there are different sizes of an emunand.

After the change under "SXOS start ..." the old Emunand in white and underneath the change in green is displayed. Press "Start SXOS ...", SXOS will start with the changed emunand.

Repeat these steps for every change you want.
    To make the original state just install Emunand 1 and start "SXOS ..."

Info:

The use is as always at your own risk! I'm not responsible if your SD card is broken, your switch explodes or the moon falls to earth! This can happen when using any homebrew and also original software ... The tests were very successful and all bugs should be fixed.

Created by Storm 2019 with Visual Studio and DevKitPro, based on argonNX and hekate, Icons template and some code lines by @mrdude. Thanks to the programmers! Thanks @Muxi for the detailed beta test!

If you do not like it, do not use it and do not write anything here. Thanks! Sorry for my english! Regards Storm21

German Release, Deutsche Version: https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...Der-erste-Emunand-wechsler-Deutsch-Mehrere-E/

Download and Source Code:
    :download: Release SD files English
    :download: Sources

Discussion (70 replies)
  1. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    WOAH all of a sudden! Looks extremely useful. Awesome

TheTechWiz25 likes this.
  2. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Excellent!!! Thanks for your contributions, great idea!

3. Storm21
    OP

Storm21 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    Switzerland
    Thank you both! :)

4. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I'm more interested in 1 nand per SD card as they are kinda pricey for low GB... I have 2 128GB mSD cards and can use one for crappy games and other for the best games :)...

It was cool is if it had like different boot types, like 1 for booting Linux, 1 for booting Windows, android or whatever and other for the emunand all from the same mSD card.

ps: I smell TX will show up with a emunand switch option soon :ph34r:...

Last edited by guily6669, May 30, 2019
    Banner24 and Darksabre72 like this.
  5. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Can you also boot ubunutu/lakka with this tool?

6. Storm21
    OP

Storm21 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    Switzerland
  7. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Don't worry we support this out of the box

8. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    "we"

9. Storm21
    OP

Storm21 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    Switzerland
    @m4xw Ok no work for me :D Danke! ;)

LeviDL likes this.
  10. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Yes, as in Atmosphere and hekate.
    We clearly thought about it in our discussions.
    Screenshot_2019-05-31 Atmosphere-NX Atmosphere.

Last edited by m4xw, May 30, 2019
    spelda, Darksabre72, mathew77 and 8 others like this.
  11. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    shows how insecure you are

jakkal likes this.
  12. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    I remember doing something similar on my psp long ago. One card for iso 1st party games. One for meh games. One for Homebrew and emulation. I hated switching the cards (even though I didn’t have to power off each time, like on the switch). I ended up getting the largest stick I could afford at the time. Ahh, 16 gb, I remember so much.

guily6669 and tangotnt like this.
  13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This would be useful for testing stuff I guess. But does it support emuNAND as files on SD? For those that need this sort of thing it would make sense to use EmuNAND as files, so it's a simple rename to switch NAND, saving a lot of time and wear on the SD. Would be a useful feature to have.

14. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    It was cool if someone made a small device that would take like 2 or 3 mSD and just a small knob to switch between the mSD, if it was cheap since is just connectors and nothing more, I'd probably buy one if its well made and fit good...

That would definitely be awesome and take out the wear on the mSD main port from the switch as we would use the ones on the accessory and like one above the other, I don't mind having the support getting a bit outside the switch since I use a thick plastic cover anyway, so the switch stand could totally come out quite a bit off to stay at the outside case level for me...

Last edited by guily6669, May 31, 2019
  15. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    And now the Switch has multi boot or close enough.

16. momin

momin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2008
    Amazing! :)

Super great, useful and with a clear UI, you are awesome!.

Storm21 likes this.
  17. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    And what have you written or provided the Switch scene? m4xw has brought us lots of great tools and homebrew

18. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    Am I reading this wrong? To me this comes off as petty and envious. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I'm hyped and it's looking like June 15th is going to be intended this time.

LightBeam and Vorde like this.
  19. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    can you make a set back option. for example when i brick EmuNAND 1 that i can restore it from the state of EmuNAND 3