Leonidus_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

So i've recently got a second sd card to keep different games and possibly save files for my girlfriend on my switch but ran into a bit of a problem. I'll try to outline it as clearly as possible.

All of this is done with SX OS 2.9.4 (Beta) running and a SX Pro dongle used for accessing the CFW. AutoRCM disabled. SysNAND on 8.1.0, 10 fuses burnt.

Had a 256gb sd card with EmuNAND running 8.1.0 with a bunch of games installed.
Decided to get animal crossing.
Updated my EmuNAND to 9.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX.
Installed Animal Crossing.
Got a 128gb sd card.
Decided to restore my NAND to create the new EmuNAND on the brand new sd from scratch running the original Switch FW (6.0.0). The original NAND dump was done with HEKATE, used the same to restore it as well.
Restored NAND, switch wouldn't work. Realised i had already burned fuses with the 8.1.0 update, so updated both SysNAND and EmuNAND to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX.
Everything was working on my new 128gb sd.
Updated the new 128gb sd card EmuNAND to 9.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX, leaving the SysNAND at 8.1.0.
Installed games, everything working fine.
Popped the old 256gb sd card back in, loaded up SX OS loader, started the EmuNAND, Nintendo logo flashed and wouldn't go any further. Switch still on, but nothing was/is happening.

Any ideas anyone please? got a bunch of saves there i can't access anymore. 60% Fire Emblem hurts the most, not gonna lie.

Thanks for any and all help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

So i've recently got a second sd card to keep different games and possibly save files for my girlfriend on my switch but ran into a bit of a problem. I'll try to outline it as clearly as possible.

All of this is done with SX OS 2.9.4 (Beta) running and a SX Pro dongle used for accessing the CFW. AutoRCM disabled. SysNAND on 8.1.0, 10 fuses burnt.

Had a 256gb sd card with EmuNAND running 8.1.0 with a bunch of games installed.
Decided to get animal crossing.
Updated my EmuNAND to 9.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX.
Installed Animal Crossing.
Got a 128gb sd card.
Decided to restore my NAND to create the new EmuNAND on the brand new sd from scratch running the original Switch FW (6.0.0). The original NAND dump was done with HEKATE, used the same to restore it as well.
Restored NAND, switch wouldn't work. Realised i had already burned fuses with the 8.1.0 update, so updated both SysNAND and EmuNAND to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX.
Everything was working on my new 128gb sd.
Updated the new 128gb sd card EmuNAND to 9.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX, leaving the SysNAND at 8.1.0.
Installed games, everything working fine.
Popped the old 256gb sd card back in, loaded up SX OS loader, started the EmuNAND, Nintendo logo flashed and wouldn't go any further. Switch still on, but nothing was/is happening.

Any ideas anyone please? got a bunch of saves there i can't access anymore. 60% Fire Emblem hurts the most, not gonna lie.

Thanks for any and all help.
How is the SD card formatted? Also you do realize you don't have to restore the NAND before setting up emuMMC? That is actually worse because now none of your games and saves will carry on over to emuMMC.

Leonidus_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is the SD card formatted? Also you do realize you don't have to restore the NAND before setting up emuMMC? That is actually worse because now none of your games and saves will carry on over to emuMMC.
It’s formatted with the switch formatting option.
Yeah, i do, but i figured I’d rather be thorough and do it once then not and risk doing it again.
Well the saves would only carry over through checkpoint anyway, because it’s so the same switch, with all the same info, just rolled back.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s formatted with the switch formatting option.
Yeah, i do, but i figured I’d rather be thorough and do it once then not and risk doing it again.
Well the saves would only carry over through checkpoint anyway, because it’s so the same switch, with all the same info, just rolled back.
That doesn't answer my question of how your SD card is formatted. Like what file format system is it formatted to?

Leonidus_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reformat your SD card to FAT32. Most likely your SD card became corrupted due to using exFAT.
okay, so what's the best tool to copy everything off my card (clone it)? so i wouldn't lose anything that's already on the card and could resume everything after formatting

Leonidus_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dd, no doubt
can i please have a full name? dd doesn't really show me the correct thing on google lol
also, as a sidenote, can't seem to get EmuNAND working at all anymore, used another sd card, multiple sx os version to create it, but no luck... i did try to format the new card to fat32, but it asks to format it again the moment i put it back into the switch, rendering the fat32 useless, because it is reformated as exfat

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
can i please have a full name? dd doesn't really show me the correct thing on google lol
also, as a sidenote, can't seem to get EmuNAND working at all anymore, used another sd card, multiple sx os version to create it, but no luck... i did try to format the new card to fat32, but it asks to format it again the moment i put it back into the switch, rendering the fat32 useless, because it is reformated as exfat
dd

It's... It's name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)

Leonidus_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, so if anyone wants an update, i've got something.

So tried various things to get it working or a semblance of, but in the end it has been to no avail. Managed to copy the hidden partition, make the hidden partition no longer hidden, format the sd to exFat, to Fat32, converting the EmuNAND from SxOS to Atmosphere, anything and everything really. In the end ran into a wall where my base of knowledge is just not enough to proceed further. The issue in question is a panic whilst trying to run either atmosphere or SxOS.

Title ID: 010000000000002B
Error Desc: std::abort() (0xFFE)

That's the name of the listed error. So at this point, anyone got any ideas please?

Also, so much for the hidden partition being the better option as to not get corrupted. if it wasn't, i'd have a copy of it, not just the content files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: