Homebrew Emunand SD Card Transfer Gone Bad!

Phearoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start from the beginning. I put my 3ds Micro-sdhc into my PC so I could transfer over a .CIA of Bravely Default. While extracting from winrar to the SD, an error popped up saying that it didn't have enough room, probably, but it had more than enough.

So I tried extracting the game again and that's when things went sour, the program and the file window went unresponsive. I waited patiently for 15 minutes for a response but none would occur. I then ejected my SD card, with emunand and supposedly all my beloved, albeit recent, save data. An error happened saying that my SD might have a problem, so I plugged it BACK in and ran a check, all good, and transfer worked fine.

When I put it back into my 3DS, my sysNAND screen wouldn't pop-up the .cia's I had installed, and when I tried to load emunand, all I get is a black screen, pitch black. Tried 4 times now after, removing cards, shaking, blowing, power-cycling(obviously) and I still get nothing. I also tried backing up save data but I get the error FFFFFFFFFF.

Also, I have no back-up of emunand so if there isn't a fix then I'll just have to reinstall emunand and update again, BUT, if I must do that, I don't want to lose my BELOVED SAVE DATA, which amounts to several hours of starting tons of games. If there is a fix, or a way so I don't have to reformat my sd and install a fresh emunand, please let me know.

But at least, if I remove all the .sav files from the root of my SD card and put them on my PC, then format, and place them back on my fresh emunand SD, will it keep my saves? Also, other than a little Hatsune Miku 2, I don't have any .cia's installed I really truly care about, so I can lose all .cia saves if I have too.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if possible, I'll appreciate the help immensely.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"an error popped up saying that it didn't have enough room" Sounds like a fake sd card
try running your cd card through h2testw you may need to format it though.

try backing up everything on the card to your pc format it and run h2testw on it

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
can i give you a tip in retrospect? dont extract anything directly to another device. the temp directory and device i/o running together can cause errors.

learned this the hard way in the days of decompressing iso's to flashcard for psp.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i give you a tip in retrospect? dont extract anything directly to another device. the temp directory and device i/o running together can cause errors.

learned this the hard way in the days of decompressing iso's to flashcard for psp.

Also this just make a folder somewhere and organize your roms/cias and drag and drop what you need also clicking eject usb device on the bottom right of your screen when your done with files also helps

Phearoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, I never did with psp wii ect... But it was working fine until now. I just really don't want to lose my save data now, I'm fine with formatting/installing a new emunand. I was reading about extracting the NAND and injecting into a fresh emunand, but I don't know if it'll work with a corrupted sd, though it doesn't say corrupted anywhere

Phearoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, update, FUBAR. Ran h2testw and let it go on my 32gb sandisk microsdhc for 1 1/2 hours, got to 17.2 gigs lost and corrupted, though I did remove all my saves and emunand and I have since checked to make sure it all worked and YES!, didn't want to lose the lots of hours, though I will have to reinstall my themes and maybe, a couple, cia's but, yeah... I'm sending this piece of shit back to Sandisk, they'll send me another one I hope.

Currently downloading monster hunter 4 U demo on current eshop using emunand on a 4.2.0 3ds ^_^

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, update, FUBAR. Ran h2testw and let it go on my 32gb sandisk microsdhc for 1 1/2 hours, got to 17.2 gigs lost and corrupted, though I did remove all my saves and emunand and I have since checked to make sure it all worked and YES!, didn't want to lose the lots of hours, though I will have to reinstall my themes and maybe, a couple, cia's but, yeah... I'm sending this piece of shit back to Sandisk, they'll send me another one I hope.

Currently downloading monster hunter 4 U demo on current eshop using emunand on a 4.2.0 3ds ^_^

Thats good too hear sorry about your card though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released