Hacking Emunand refuses to boot after using sysupdater to update to 9.5.0 N3DS

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I grabbed the files for the 9.5.0-23U New 3DS update, booted into emunand and used sysnand 0.3b. The update went through and the system rebooted. But now when I try booting emunnd through Rxtools, I just get a black screen. Have I messed up emunand? It always asks me to press A to boot rxtools now. Before, I was able to autoboot into emunand without pressing any buttons. It says preparing to start the home screen after I press A, then a black screen.

I had some good data on that emunand, such as friends list, legit games, saves, etc. Would suck to lose all that because of this.

It doesn't make sense, because I used this same sysupdater a long time ago on my other New 3DS and got to 9.5 emunand easily.

Is there any way to recover emunand or is it screwed forever unless I had a backup?

Last edited by MattKimura,

klngmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess I have a bricked emunand, nothing I can do without a backup :c
u just have to delete the folder linked to your emunand that was created in 3ds folder of your sd card then but u are going to lose all the games you had installed from cias this is de easy way .. then if you dont want to lose info try to do this
1) In our SD card, inside the "Nintendo 3DS " folder to identify which is the folder that corresponds linked to emuNAND profile . Make a backup of this folder.
2) Delete the folder of the SD and put the SD in the N3DS
3) Start emuNAND now should properly load the firmware 9.5, let you finish creating the profile data .
4) Remove the SD N3DS already on the PC and copy the profile folder on the SD did before backup folder on the PC, overwriting the files when you ask us to.
5 ) Return to copy the profile folder emuNAND from the PC to the SD overwriting files .
6) You should always start at 9.5
and it will work for sure

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u just have to delete the folder linked to your emunand that was created in 3ds folder of your sd card then but u are going to lose all the games you had installed from cias this is de easy way .. then if you dont want to lose info try to do this
1) In our SD card, inside the "Nintendo 3DS " folder to identify which is the folder that corresponds linked to emuNAND profile . Make a backup of this folder.
2) Delete the folder of the SD and put the SD in the N3DS
3) Start emuNAND now should properly load the firmware 9.5, let you finish creating the profile data .
4) Remove the SD N3DS already on the PC and copy the profile folder on the SD did before backup folder on the PC, overwriting the files when you ask us to.
5 ) Return to copy the profile folder emuNAND from the PC to the SD overwriting files .
6) You should always start at 9.5
and it will work for sure

Deleting the rxtools folder then adding it again fixed the problem and I can boot into emunand. But I did however already delete the sfhieurh489348 folder for emunand, it's in the trash though.

I booted into emunand, it created data. But I don't understand steps 4 and 5, can you repeat that?

klngmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im gonna try to explain you
1- make a backup of your "a lot of numbers and letters emunand folder" on your pc then delete it from your sd card
2- boot the emunand with rxtools and it will create data then turn off your 3ds
3- copy and paste the NEW "alotof numbers and letters emunand folder" on the backup that you made in step 1 (you are gonna overwrite all the files)
4-copy the mixed folder from your pc to your sd card and overwrite all the files if ask you
i hope u could understand lol XD

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out I didn't have a backup of the 9r8uw49urw9u4w89 folder, so I have no choice but to start clean again. Ah well, now I know to make backups of emunand before using sysupdater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all