Hacking Question EmuNAND on Atmosphere from an already "tainted" NAND?

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, howdy!

Following the release of Super Mario Maker 2 (I didn't even know it was going to be released this soon), I have all of the sudden felt the urge to buy the game, even though I never liked the Super Mario Maker games. I am not going to try to force myself to resist buying the game, because why would you do that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Enough with the lame introductions, lets get to the question (why does it feel like I'm making myself really annoying, sorry).

So, in fear of getting my shiny new Switch banned, I want to know if it is possible to use Atmosphere's new EmuNAND feature, but create the "clean" NAND from my NAND that already has warez on it, and if it is, (this is going to sound really entitled person like), is there any way of keeping my save files? It is ok if there isn't any way, just don't want to lose all my saves only to find out later I could have saved them.

So that's basically it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

panckage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A save file backup program like Checkpoint can be used to transfer save files. I don't know about the other questions sorry

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can backup your save data via Checkpoint and then manually edit a clean, factory reset NAND with hactool to reinsert those save files. That's the basis of it st least, and I think there is as tutorial for it in the tutorial section of the Switcg forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol