Hacking Question [Emunand] Nintendo Switch Nand Restoration

profiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading about the next emunand (real emunand) news that are coming to our Nintendo Switch consoles. I was trying to know if CF Switch can be really cleaned with a OF Nand if you used it before but I read a lot of contradictory claims. If I have this situation:

• Nintendo Switch 7.0.1 OF (Using ChoiDujour)
  • I have a OF Nand backup from OF Clean (before any install) 4.0.1v made with SX OS: boot0.bin, boot1.bin and full.00.bin
I used my current OF to install some nsp or play some xci games. I Never connected the console to Network without Stealth mode.

¿Can I use the full Emunand support when this be released?

Sorry my english

Last edited by profiden,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, OK an estimation.. Anyway the premise is the same, can be "cleaned" a switch to use the real emunand in dual boot?

If you made a nand backup before you started messing with CFW and you haven't burned any fuses (hope you have autoRCM turned on) then yes, you can restore the clean nand and it should be safe to go online with OFW at that point. As far as your questions on the upcoming emunand we can't really answer any of those until its out and we have experience with it.

Reactions: profiden

profiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made a nand backup before you started messing with CFW and you haven't burned any fuses (hope you have autoRCM turned on) then yes, you can restore the clean nand and it should be safe to go online with OFW at that point. As far as your questions on the upcoming emunand we can't really answer any of those until its out and we have experience with it.

Well.. I hope this makes the great change in scene this year

D

Deleted User

you wont use it because KOSMOS, Atmosphere, Hekate etc. all are dumping backups as boot1.bin, boot2.bin and fullnand.bin.
SX OS is splitting the NAND everytime. even with ExFAT.
so you must convert it into full backup and then with file replacement its possible.
otherwise you can just restore the SX backup and then make the NAND copy for EmuNAND with the EmuTool. and you got a EmuNAND with clean nand.
btw its not a "REAL" EmuNAND. dont know what you mean with that. SX has EmuNAND and Kosmos soon too.
theres no difference between these emunands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: "least tried"