Question EmuNand - have the bugs been fixed? How to install 6.1 and back up everything?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by DNStuff, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DNStuff
    OP

DNStuff Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    Germany
    So my Switch is still on 4.1.0. I am running an early version of SX OS. I have got the Pro version. I have been told EmuNand has bugs and I should NOT update yet. Now we have a NEW updated version (fixes stability. whatever that means) of SX OS and Nintendo just released 6.1.

So should I wait even longer or can I finally install EmuNand and 6.1? If the answer is: YES you can finally install EmuNand I would love to know everything I need to know in advance. 1) How do I install EmuNand? Got any handy guides that explain it to me? 2) The first thing I did when I got my Switch was nand backup. What do I do with it now? 3) I will wipe my entire Switch, right? So how do I back up all my save games? 4) How exactly do I install 6.1? 5) What else is important to know so that I can smoothly install emunand and install 6.1 on that nand partition so that all my games work nicely the way they should? And yes I have not updated SX OS yet.

2. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    Sweden
    The answer is probably no. Why don't you just backup your nand and update with ChoiDujourNX & auto rcm?

3. DNStuff
    OP

DNStuff Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    Germany
    Because I am an idiot who wants to improve on his stupidity aka I do not know much about all this? Like to me it sounded like a great idea to have ONE legit partition and one "non legit" partition. Just updating the entire Switch completely beats that purpose. It is a different outcome.

I have heard about games crashing on the Nandbackup but I do not know the current status of this because the latest SX OS release just stated "stability fixes". So maybe people already reported if Nands still crash or not. I personally know that SX OS is HATED A LOT on this board.

4. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    Sweden
    The problem with emunand (besides the stability issues) is that it stores the emunand files where Nintendo can see them. So there's a fair chance that Nintendo may start banning people who use it.

If a ban is what you're worried about, you can still stay semi-legit by just using SXOS in stealth mode (no emunand) and not installing anything to your nand (NSP, etc.). But you will have to update to the latest firmware.

Or you could wait for an emunand that installs to your SD card. That'll probably be out by the end of the year. (I'm just guessing though)

5. DNStuff
    OP

DNStuff Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    Germany
    Oh that does sound exciting. I suppose I guess I will wait some more and see what will happen. See to be honest I do not care much about getting banned. I have never connected my Switch online and I do not intend on doing so. I don't care about playing games online and there is no way I will actually pay money for playing games online.
    So why do I even want to use Emunand?
    I have to admit I am not quite sure. Burning fuses doesn't sound nice and not being able to go back to a previous firmware which I might need for certain upcoming hacks in the future doesn't sound nice either. I just do not want to screw up now and regret something by just updating the firmware which could have easily been avoided if i had acted smart.