zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read briefly about this where you have to format emunand to fix the freeze. Strange thing is I have formatted it since I've used 2 new sd cards recently. Is there something that causes the freeze that we have to avoid? If I do have to format the emunand again, what do I lose? Just the 9.5 update? Anything else? Phew, loaded question.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Uhh I have never heard of a friend list freeze problem with emunand, weird, what Sysnand and Emunand version you have? (I don't know what could it be but that's useful information for somebody who can help you).

If you format again you will lose your current emunand (and all your digital/cia/friends) and will create a copy of your sysnand. If you do that its always a good idea to backup the old emunand first.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is at 9.5, it has not been unlinked with sysnand. Even with full system shutdown the friend list just hangs when I open the app. Or basically hangs the whole device and have to do a hard reset.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bump since i doubt people are bored enough to go back a few pages to answer questions. Decided to format my emunand but keep all he downloaded games on the sd card but friend list still locks up the system. Does everybody else's friend list work on emunand 9.5? Any suggestions for me?

Edit: Checked SD card and all the games got wiped anyways, so it's pretty much a fresh SD card. Maybe there's something going on the sysnand side?

Double Edit: Ok, decided to check the friend list in sysnand (4.4) and even THAT is freezing.

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same problem 3ds xl in 4.4, friend list freezes even in sysnand, any solution?
im gonna try the trick in wich you let it sit there in the freezed screen for 10-15 min wich me luck.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have no idea but maybe you can find the CIAs for the friend list application for 9.5 and reinstall them with sysupdater (and get it from a different source than you got your present 9.5 files from). Don't do it until someone with more knowledge than me tell you to, but, can be something to research while you're waiting for a better answer

MaximusX800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had this probelm a few times on my O3DS on SYSNAND 4.2 in the past. I believe this happens due to big SD card fragmentation, as the only way I was able to fix it is to format EMUNAND.

Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr