Emunand firm partition corrupted during (partial) downgrade. Any help?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Derfderk, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Derfderk
    OP

Derfderk Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    Brazil
    Up the 2nd left turn after your good mom's home.
    So, yeah, I managed to get my N3DS Emunand black-screening on me (CakesFW leaves a pixel on in the bottom-left cornet of the upper screen, though) due a Sysupdater downgrade to 9.5 from a partial 10.3. Why I tried that on a whim without reading on it before? The conflicts between the real FW and the spoofed FW got on my nerves and I snapped, as simple as that.

Anyway, is there any way I can salvage what was in it given I:
    • have a backup of the Emunand's SD card folder from right after it got corrupted;
    • have a backup of the same Emunand from one month ago (that still works, I've checked it on the very N3DS);
    • can extract and xorpad everything but the firm partitions of the current corrupted one?
    I just want to salvage my game saves and avoid the time that I'd have to "lose" reinstalling ~6GB worth of .cia's that I've done since the last backup, if that simplifies anything. So, yup, any help?

2. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I can't guarantee this will work but:

1). restore EMUNAND backup to EMUNAND partition
    2). keep good SD card Nintendo 3ds folder on sd card (saving it from AFTER corruption may or may not work, hopefully it was not touched during corruption)
    3). restore title DB from most recent backup (you likely don't have this any newer than you nand backup.

not an expert and haven't tried this but have wondered how I would get stuff back if I jacked emunand

In the future consider using SVDT or save data filer on occasion to backup your save games, especially before dinking with anything (yeah I know hindsight is 20/20)

Good luck!