Hacking EmuNAND files on sd card vs hidden partition

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try Windows clone apps or *nix clone apps? I'm fairly confident that *nix 'dd' command or clonezilla would be able to successfully clone the hidden partition SD card to another card.

EDIT: Thaikhoa already answered 'dd' will work. Try the bootable USB image of clonezilla to clone your SD card if you don't have a PC with ubuntu etc. already on it.

EDIT 2: also be aware that there may be a bug with SX OS 2.6.1, OFW 7.0.1 and hidden emuNAND partitions - they won't boot if emuNAND is enabled. A few people had mentioned their new SD card installs with hidden partitions would ''black screen boot'' and only fully load SX OS when the emunand was disabled. But it did work when they created emuNAND as files on their FAT32 formatted SD cards.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just said Fuck it with emunand!!!I updated my system nand so I can link my account now that's finished I used my email and still not banned!!!! Which is cool and now all 7.0 xx games work and gonna back up my nand then update from now on using choidjour

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
did you try Windows clone apps or *nix clone apps? I'm fairly confident that *nix 'dd' command or clonezilla would be able to successfully clone the hidden partition SD card to another card.

EDIT: Thaikhoa already answered 'dd' will work. Try the bootable USB image of clonezilla to clone your SD card if you don't have a PC with ubuntu etc. already on it.

EDIT 2: also be aware that there may be a bug with SX OS 2.6.1, OFW 7.0.1 and hidden emuNAND partitions - they won't boot if emuNAND is enabled. A few people had mentioned their new SD card installs with hidden partitions would ''black screen boot'' and only fully load SX OS when the emunand was disabled. But it did work when they created emuNAND as files on their FAT32 formatted SD cards.

I eventually gave up trying to clone the hidden partition but thanks for the info, I will try next time if I need to clone to another SD Card.

I bit the bullet and started over with the new 400gb I got all working.

Also, I didnt have any issues with updating official NAND to 7.0.1 with EmuNAND on 6.2 on the SX OS 2.6.1. EmuNAND boot fine, also updated EmuNAND to 7.0.1 as well using ChoiDuJourNX and everything working.

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
EmuNAND files on sd card vs hidden partition
i would like to know the pros and cons for each method?

If using hidden partition emuNAND can it be copyed? if card corrupted.
Could I even access that? Or copy it? how would I wipe that and start a new one would the nand back restore wipe that or not? How Would I format wipe the partition.
what are the benefits of hidden partition pls or just using files on sd card?
I haven’t seen much info ?about the two types to let me choose the best one for me

if you create a emunand with hidden partition, it will format your sd card later and lost all installed files.
so first. you have to backup important files such as license.dat, saves, etc.
but this is a best way to seperate your emunand and sysnand 's individual space. it couldn't be interfere with each other. and any exploit track won't be wroten in system nand. it can prevent be banned if you run dual OS in a switch.
play pirate games in emunand, play ofw in system nand, shutdown autorcm.

Last edited by paulzheng,
Reactions: gizmomelb

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I eventually gave up trying to clone the hidden partition but thanks for the info, I will try next time if I need to clone to another SD Card.

I bit the bullet and started over with the new 400gb I got all working.

Also, I didnt have any issues with updating official NAND to 7.0.1 with EmuNAND on 6.2 on the SX OS 2.6.1. EmuNAND boot fine, also updated EmuNAND to 7.0.1 as well using ChoiDuJourNX and everything working.

great to hear.. I'm waiting on my 400GB SD card (Amazon hey?) should be here end of next week. Deciding whether I'll upgrade from 3.0.2 OFW to 7.0.1 so I can use the 1 year Nintendo online from Amazon / Triwtch Prime, plus all homebrew running off 7.0.1 emuNAND.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
great to hear.. I'm waiting on my 400GB SD card (Amazon hey?) should be here end of next week. Deciding whether I'll upgrade from 3.0.2 OFW to 7.0.1 so I can use the 1 year Nintendo online from Amazon / Triwtch Prime, plus all homebrew running off 7.0.1 emuNAND.

Yeah its a tough call if you want to preserve your fuses hoping that one day an exploit to enable soft mod is found.
When that day will come is anyone's guess, I gave up and just updated official firmware so I can play online (kids do) I got family pass for online sub. EmuNAND is offline playing backups and homebrew, official is for legit stuff, kids mostly play Splatoons online. The other Switch I got is the patched one so no hack for that.

Reactions: gizmomelb

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It’s a common issue to get black screen on emunand boot, I did! All you do is a nand backup, take boot0/1 and replace in emunand folder and will boot.. If hidden hot whore how you would do this.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It’s a common issue to get black screen on emunand boot, I did! All you do is a nand backup, take boot0/1 and replace in emunand folder and will boot.. If hidden hot whore how you would do this.

easier way.. just tap power when it black screens. or create emuNAND as files instead of hidden partition.. those were the two workarounds I saw on TX forums before the move / whatever drama it is.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does hiding the raw partition boot quicker?

I didn't notice. However using Emmc as a file does seem slower.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I GIVE UP WITH THIS ATMOSPHERE!!!I see why so many ppl prefer sxos like me.this is to complicated!!! Even hard modding consoles is easier!!!! Screw I'm I'm about to smash my laptop and switch!!!!!!!!!!!

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I GIVE UP WITH THIS ATMOSPHERE!!!I see why so many ppl prefer sxos like me.this is to complicated!!! Even hard modding consoles is easier!!!! Screw I'm I'm about to smash my laptop and switch!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not that bad once your used to it's quirks. What's happened?? Relaunch Heckate and just go back to using your partition if needs be.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a %100 percent complete save of maneater with all powerups so I can play maneater the truth and the after party.I was almost finished and my save got deleted.this has happened 2 times to me.im gonna update it to v1.0.9.the game seemed to have bugs.I'm not gonna go through finding all the power ups and redo all those missions.I was 93% complete.checkpoint doesnt seem to work no more

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
See
I just said Fuck it with emunand!!!I updated my system nand so I can link my account now that's finished I used my email and still not banned!!!! Which is cool and now all 7.0 xx games work and gonna back up my nand then update from now on using choidjour
Idk what this reply is from but I have no issues with sxos.I'm just having problems with maneater.my save got deleted twice.it also happened on axiom verge 2 on atmosphere.it didn't delete but it started getting glitchy and didn't save correctly so I lost 4hrs of game play and I'm on 11.0.1 sxos and maneater saves are messed up.I tried copying a 100% pc save to try and use it.I'm not gonna go through all that again.other then that haven't had any other issues with any other games so far .this looks like one of my old posts.im running 2 separate 1tb cards.1 with sxos 11.0.1 and it's almost full.and the other is hektate/atmosphere/tinfoil for all newer games on 12.10 used an easy installer got off discord.

Last edited by iLL wiLL,

Shakapp

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apenas em relação à partição de emunand oculta no cartão SD, tentei vários softwares de clone no PC para ver se posso fazer um clone de todo o cartão SD para migrar para outro cartão SD (maior).
Infelizmente, o software usado não pode clonar a partição oculta, ele vê a primeira partição como não alocada com 0 espaço usado, mas o software foi capaz de ver a segunda partição de dados.
Quando você tenta clonar, ele pula a partição oculta e apenas começa a clonar a segunda partição.
A menos que haja outro software de clonagem melhor por aí que possa fazer isso, ou então parece que tenho que morder a bala e começar a raspar novamente se decidir comprar um cartão SD maior. Ou simplesmente volto para os arquivos de emunand no cartão SD, mas prefiro a partição oculta.

Alguma ideia?
You can use the HDD RAW Copy tool, this programa make right the clone.

Shakapp

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apenas em relação à partição de emunand oculta no cartão SD, tentei vários softwares de clone no PC para ver se posso fazer um clone de todo o cartão SD para migrar para outro cartão SD (maior).
Infelizmente, o software usado não pode clonar a partição oculta, ele vê a primeira partição como não alocada com 0 espaço usado, mas o software foi capaz de ver a segunda partição de dados.
Quando você tenta clonar, ele pula a partição oculta e apenas começa a clonar a segunda partição.
A menos que haja outro software de clonagem melhor por aí que possa fazer isso, ou então parece que tenho que morder a bala e começar a raspar novamente se decidir comprar um cartão SD maior. Ou simplesmente volto para os arquivos de emunand no cartão SD, mas prefiro a partição oculta.

Alguma ideia?
You can use the HDD RAW Copy tool, this programa make right the clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs