Hacking emuNAND didn't carry any downloads over... Help!

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone.

I recently downgraded and installed rxTools on my O3DS. My best friend was so impressed and jealous that he wanted me to do the same to his. So, I was in the process of setting everything up. I backed up all of his files exactly how I did on my system (or at least how I remember doing it). He had two games installed and one virtual console title. Once I finished creating the emuNAND and everything else and then booted into rxTools, all of his stuff is gone. Including the cia of FBI that I installed before doing anything as far as emuNAND and rxTools was concerned. All of his streetpass data and NNID information is on the emuNAND but none of the titles he previously owned or I previously installed!

I unlinked the sysNAND, so did that for some reason cause the titles to disappear? I know they are still on the SD card as their space is still being taken up and they are identical to the files I copied earlier onto my PC. Is there any way I can access them? He had an awful lot of hours put into those titles so I really don't want to disappoint him by telling them they're all gone!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey everyone.

I recently downgraded and installed rxTools on my O3DS. My best friend was so impressed and jealous that he wanted me to do the same to his. So, I was in the process of setting everything up. I backed up all of his files exactly how I did on my system (or at least how I remember doing it). He had two games installed and one virtual console title. Once I finished creating the emuNAND and everything else and then booted into rxTools, all of his stuff is gone. Including the cia of FBI that I installed before doing anything as far as emuNAND and rxTools was concerned. All of his streetpass data and NNID information is on the emuNAND but none of the titles he previously owned or I previously installed!

I unlinked the sysNAND, so did that for some reason cause the titles to disappear? I know they are still on the SD card as their space is still being taken up and they are identical to the files I copied earlier onto my PC. Is there any way I can access them? He had an awful lot of hours put into those titles so I really don't want to disappoint him by telling them they're all gone!
Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy it again from the backup.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you "unlink sysnand" with the memory card inside?

Nope, I removed it.

Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy it again from the backup.

Good god, this worked! Thank you so much! Everything is there except for FBI (I must have not backed up the 3DS folder after installing it) but I can fix that with rxTools, so no problem. Thanks again!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nope, I removed it.

Good god, this worked! Thank you so much! Everything is there except for FBI (I must have not backed up the 3DS folder after installing it) but I can fix that with rxTools, so no problem. Thanks again!
You're welcome. I had a hunch that would solve it as I had a similar issue myself and solved it that way :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning