EmuNAND crashes with "An error has ocurred" on home menu after 5-10 seconds.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AmoDelQueso, May 7, 2016.

1. AmoDelQueso
    OP

AmoDelQueso Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Mexico
    My sister's 2DS has had this error for a while and I've been trying to fix it anyway I can, I have updated rxTools, switched to a new SD card, making a new emuNAND, and yet I've not been able to fix it.
    My google-fu also failed me, there seems to be no info on this kind of problem.
    It started when she took out the sd while on the home menu, but I don't see any reason for it to continue after changing SD/emuNANd.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Did you keep the Nintendo 3DS folder? Could be there is something corrupted in there, it's the most likely reason. Try deleting the folder (make a backup first) and see if the same problem occurs.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I thought I saw someone with a similar problem (but the crash was after like 90 minutes). They said it could have been the wireless card I think?

4. AmoDelQueso
    OP

AmoDelQueso Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Mexico
    Yeah I also thought it could be the wireless card since it happened recently to a friend of mine but nope, it ain't that.

I kept the sysNAND folder but not the emuNAND one. I will try without sysNAND folder.

5. Newest Nick Team

Newest Nick Team GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    You don't wanna know. :P
    It's a problem with some out-of-region CIAs. With those seconds you have, quickly launch FBI or DevMenu (Which will work longer than 10 seconds) and delete all out-of-region CIAs. See if that worked.

6. AmoDelQueso
    OP

AmoDelQueso Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Mexico
    Oh btw I remembered emuNAND9 gave me an error the fitst time I tried to format emuNAND and tried it again.
    It said: "NAND or sd i/o failure"
    Am I screwed?

I do believe i installed an out of region cia but it hasn't had trouble before, I'll try that now since my other option seems like it will require another SD