Hacking EmuNAND Classic JP N3DS Help

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All right so I've been a Gateway owner for a while now with my US O3DS, it's fair to say I'm knowledgeable on how it all works

But my JP copy of OoT just shipped in today meaning this is the first time I use my JP N3DS since I got it

Now I've injected the save into the OoT using my old 3DS, did all that jazz, ran the exploit, and formatted emuNAND

Now here's the weird thing: when loading GW mode after formatting emuNAND the multirom menu doesn't show up, and I know this is common for 8.1 J consoles but I don't care about GW mode. I went to classic mode and none of my American games work? Putting in the cart doesn't do anything, except with TWO specific games: Pokémon X and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. They show but with different banners that have Japanese text. I can't launch them however, because I get this error which I don't understand due to it being in Japanese:

10dgvt2.jpg

What's even weirder is that these 2 games also show in sysNAND. Same error though.

What does the error mean, and how can I update my emuNAND above 8.1 but below 9.6?

Thanks

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says you can't use this game card. The suggestion would be getting a Zelda majora mask in Japanese and it will update the emunand to 9.4.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the translation guys

Oh man there's no way I'm gonna fork out yet another $40 not even including shipping

Getting an N3DS, faceplates, and OoT 3D was a buttload of cash to pay already

Do you reckon GW will release a 9.6 emuNAND update over the next couple of days? Or do you think the situation's a bit more complicated this time

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or find the 9.2 update, which is here in this section, and perform it and you will have multi-rom support after creating the emunand.

D

Deleted User

how would that be possible without cia support to begin with :)

you can maybe create some sort of emulated update server - but well .. that will take some while I guess :P

Anyway... i guess without a special (and quite rare) Gamecard your success chances right now are almost zero - maybe better wait for gateway or anyone else to support the new firmware... thats your best and possible only bet right now ...

or update your japanese 3DS to the latest one and enjoy the eshop - i guess thats not an option because you want to use GW it seems.

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean technically as long as you make a NAND dump before you try it, you can always add the hardware mod after if you screw it up.

Opening the standard size n3ds looks like it requires some "finesse" from what I've seen; could feel a cold sweat by that last reboot :lol:

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opening the standard size n3ds looks like it requires some "finesse" from what I've seen; could feel a cold sweat by that last reboot :lol:

I've opened it up to a point. The back isn't so hard, but then it's got about 12 connectors that you have to detach, so yeah even I decided not to try that at this point.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not required, it's certainly recommended if you don't know what you're doing. But it's not "required".

I make an effort to note that if attempting something that is probably outside of your scope than the mod is needed. But doing it afterwards works than go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...