LiquidFenrir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
here's my question:
Can you do a System Transfer from a normal n3ds on 10.4 to an emuNAND 10.4 n3ds ?
Here's my story:

I received a New3DS already on 10.4, said "F me, I can't update my old3ds (10.3) for a system transfer", and emailed nintendo to disconnect my NNID from my o3ds.
They did it, and I sheepishly connected it my n3ds as soon as I got home.

But it just hit me: I could just have sent back the New3DS (it was on amazon so I have some time) and bought another one, and it should be on 9 something.
But I can't do that now, because it has my NNID on it.

SO, I can buy another one, when it comes it should be on a vulnerable version, install emuNAND on it, update emuNAND to 10.4 and do a system transfer from the one I have now to the emuNAND.

Would that work? It's only been a week.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No idea about the emuNAND part, but you can unlink your NNID from your New 3DS by doing a system format, so you can send it back and get another on 9.x, no need to buy another n3DS.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for telling me that, but are you sure system format will unlink my NNID?
I'm pretty sure about that, since when you format your sysNAND to unlink it, your NNID stops working on your emuNAND usually, that's why people use TinyFormat to format it instead, since it won't "tell" Nintendo that the console was formatted.
BbGfbWdCEAAVmBX.jpg

LiquidFenrir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is from 2013.
When I go in the Format option, it tells me my NNID will be disconnected but won't be deleted, and I can connect it again by going in NNID > connect an existing ID.
In the next menu it tells me my NNID won't be usable on any other console of the 3DS family (that means I can only connect it to that particular 3ds).
I'll format it, send it back to amazon and get another one, hopefully on 9.9-10.3, and then call them to get my NNID transfered.
Also change my username so they can't see this and use it against me

Reactions: matpower

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
No idea about the emuNAND part, but you can unlink your NNID from your New 3DS by doing a system format, so you can send it back and get another on 9.x, no need to buy another n3DS.
This is not correct. Formatting system only gives you the capability to link another NNID to that console. You won't be able to link your original NNID to another console unless you do a legit system transfer. Or, you need to call nintendo again and ask them to help you do the transfer process on the server side.

Reactions: matpower

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like I was wrong, sorry. :/
Still, as long as your console is formatted, you shouldn't have problem with anyone using your NNID after you format it since it needs to be re-logged. Make sure to take notes of whatever you need to ask for a NNID system transfer.

LiquidFenrir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah you're right, I'll format it, send it back (and ask amazon to send me another one), and then ask nintendo to disconnect my nnid.
Think that'll work? I can make plenty of fake reasons to send it back/ask for unlinking if I need

LiquidFenrir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for that, but I don't need it anymore now :P
I really hope I'll be able to get a new one though, but no reason I can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn