emuNand and misc questions with some info as well

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lambstone, Jan 10, 2014.

1. lambstone
    OP

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Background
    I own a 6.3 EU/AU 3DS XL. With the recent discoveries such as region free, I'm thinking of dumping my 6.3 3DS for a new 4.5 3DS. However, there are somethings that I'm not certain of.

New Stuff
    So I'm thinking of getting either a JP or US 3DS XL. From what I know the JP 3DS does not have an English language setting so this might get a little annoying. As for the US 3DS XL, the link below shows the necessary serial number that I should purchase to ensure that I would be getting a 4.5 3DS XL.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-get-a-firmware-4-5-or-below-3ds-xl.352360/page-24#post-4841615

Region Free retail cartridges playback
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/region-free-cart-loading-with-emunand-no-flashcards.360261/

It is no possible to truly region free your 3DS provided that is 4.1-4.5. This is one of the reason why I am considering getting a new 3DS. I will be able to keep my current retail EU/AU games EXCEPT Pokemon Y as the save file cannot be encrypted by a 3DS that is not on >6.3 officially.

Also, this region free hack will have to be redone whenever DS games are played on the 3DS system.

EmuNand System Transfer
    Previously before the release of FW 7.1, the reported method of system transfer to EmuNand was to do system nand dumps and manually edit them before restoring nand.

Now, I'm not sure if this is still the process. Can I simply update my US 3DS EmuNand to 7.1 and run a system transfer from my EU/AU 3DS 7.1 official?

Also what happens to my eshop purchases? I have mario 3d land and pushmo.

2. untok

untok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    Finland
    Yep you can i tried that to my red 3ds 7.1 and white mario bundle 4.3 with emunand 7.1.
    Everyting went well exept the game saves.

When system transfer is completed 3ds says use now old system sd card to swap the new one.
    I cannot put out the emunand card because emunand is runnin on that card so i deside to leave it alone and then system booting to real nand trying to internet ofcourse it cannot connect 4.3 because i deleted wireless settings there.

Booting emunand and now prosess continued again and finished transfer complete
    but my games cannot recognize on sd so i downloaded them to eshop from my nintendo id without updates.

Then make image to sd to win32disc-imager and trying to get save back unfortunately pokemon x and animal crossing wont accept saves and said its corrupted.

So summa summarum if you can solder and backup original nand and inject to emunand maybe its better to do if you want restore saves and other data.

Ps gba ds and dsi games wont load emunand other works fine.

Edit my both machines are eu i think you cannot cannot send system transfer on different countries stuff.

3. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    You can in fact do a system transfer from an official firmware to EmuNAND. To get your games from your old system that you bought on eShop, all you have to do is copy the 3DS folder from the "official" 3DS' SD card to the SD card with your emunand. I did this and my Pokemon X and Mario and Luigi: Dream Team show up and run perfectly... saves and everything.

4. untok

untok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    Finland
    I tried that but my games doesent show on my 3ds when i copy it to emunand sd.

Hmm my old sd is bigger than my new xl sd 32 gb and cannot first copy them to new 4gb sd maybe this is problem dunno. :P

However ican download them to my nintendo id to new emunand sd without saves and extra stuff ofcource but whonows maybe that is a reason.