EMUNAND 9.7 to SYSNAND 9.7 system transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by miamore, May 7, 2015.

1. miamore
    OP

miamore GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2015
    France
    RX EMUNAND 9.7 to SYSNAND 9.7 system transfer.. will this work? havent try, a bit afraid of bricking my console. has anyone tried it??

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Should work just fine.

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Yes, just do a normal system transfer. Legit cias can't be transferred though, if that's what you want.

4. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    So it can trasnfer legaly bought games form eShop?

And would it work vice/versa?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Pretty sure they can.

6. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    No, some people tested with differents setup :
    Emunand to emunand
    Emunand to sysnand
    And even sysnand to sysnand (with a hardmod)

Result : the legit cias are not transferred, but they can still be downloaded on the source console.

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    You can transffer emunand without a problem to sysnand and vica versa.

You have to keep in mind the following:
    - You can't transffer from N3DS(XL) to O3DS(XL)
    - Illegally obtained pre-installed games (Called Legit CIA's), will not system transffer (No, they won't, i tryed all possible ways, it will not work and i'm not the only one who tryed more possible ways to do it, all failed)
    - Your NNID and bought purchases are all transffered to your target system, so you can't use the NNID (and bought purchases) again on the source system once transffered to the target system.
    - If you want to transfer anything again from target or source you have to wait the full 7 days before you can do it again on one of both systems

Disco likes this.
  8. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia

Well, this is some useful information! Thanks a lot mate!

So, just to be sure, I can transfer my legit NNID with games from O3DS(sysnand) to N3DS(emunand), and then when I buy another N3DS, I can also transfer from N3DS emunand (this one would be with unlinked emu and sys) to another N3DS sysnand?

9. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    n3ds is tricky since there is no support for 9.7 emunand yet so spoofing is necessary..n dependent on sysnand version

10. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    What if you download the games from eshop on sysnand and then transfer to emunand?
    Can you use them on sysnand?

11. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!

Yes, correct
    * and ** - O3DS sysnand to N3DS Emunand (NNID and info about bought eshop content will be transffered)
    - N3DS Emunand to N3DS Emunand (Needs FW Spoofing) (NNID and info about bought eshop content will be transffered)
    - N3DS Emunand to N3DS Sysnand ??? Cause your emunand is 9.5 and your Sysnand must be 9.7 to system transffer, i don't think this is possible, but i could be wrong, maybe it also works with FW spoofing

You have to keep in mind, that when the system transffer is doen, it will ask to swap SD, you can't swap SD (O3DS) to MicroSD (N3DS)
    - You can however first copy the whole SD content to your PC and copy the whole content back to MicroSD afterwards
    - You can however first copy the whole SD content to your PC and copy it to MicroSd before the transffer and using an adapter to place it in your O3DS, when it asks to swap SD, you can do so, remove SD from O3DS and then remove MicroSD from the adaptor and swap it in your N3DS (This is what i did cause i already a MicroSD with adaptor in use with my O3DS)
    - Or you can just redownload everything from the eshop again (not recommanded, takes to long if you have alot of content)

** N3DS can't handle Emunand 9.7, only Emunand 9.5, so that's another problem if you want to transffer O3DS 9.7 sysnand to N3DS Emunand

Disco and DragonSky like this.
  12. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    OK, thanks, there will probably be 9.7+ emunand support for N3DS...SOON tm. :D

13. StarOfDoom

StarOfDoom GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Well, we can hope haha :P

14. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    don't count on it, right now it is safer to use o3ds/n3ds <= 9.2 sysyand + 9.7 emunand. 9.7 sysnand has little to no benefit

15. StarOfDoom

StarOfDoom GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    This. Because unless they can find a new exploit somewhere, which the places where there could be exploits are getting smaller and smaller, they won't be able to exploit any new versions.

16. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    Well, I have one Pikachu XL completely legit with SYS on 9.7 (and 50+ legaly bought games, about 20 on eshop, all others hard copies).
    N3DS XL blue and N3DS XL black on 9.0 SYS, and one white old 3DS XL on 4.5 (all three powered by GW) :D

So no worries for me :gba:

17. miamore
    OP

miamore GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2015
    France
    all I want are my save files. forget about the cias. im switching to legitimate gaming

Disco likes this.
  18. xerosagas

xerosagas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    How can I take all my legit content (NNID, eShop, etc) from a 9.7 Emunand and put it on Sysnand on the same 3DS?
    Wanting to go legit on this particular 3DS so I can give it as a gift.

19. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    If your nand are linke you can use rxtools to transfer your ticket.db from your emunand to your emunand.

20. polki

polki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    Agree to disagree, the more public hacks that are available, drm'd or not, the more is known about a system making it more likely to exploited. I'm not saying it's easy I'm just saying there is never a set amount of exploits for any console(or whatever).