OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
I have recently been using Gateway 3.1 since it released with the OOT exploit (using a real OOT cartridge, NOT a sky3ds) on a US N3DS XL 9.0 console and it has been working FLAWLESSLY!
Minor bugs but nothing major... I was able to update Smash Bros when prompted for update by Nintendo and I updated no problem.
Now MH4U... it asked me to update, I clicked update. It was progressing then all of a sudden after it finished, white screen for both screens. It completely froze.
Turning off my console, it took me three times to get teh OOT exploit to get me to the Gateway menu... it has been working 100% til now.

I am currently trying to fix it at this moment but point of the post is, do NOT update MH4U!! It completely screwed over my emuNAND.. also if you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue please let me know!

*After formatting my N3DS microSD card and putting it back in, Gateway menu is loading more appropriately now like before. However, emuNAND Gateway mode is still blacking out when trying to load it..
I am in the process of formatting emuNAND at this moment to see if it will fix it... *crossing fingers*

*edit*
Formatting the N3DS microSD card and then formatting the emuNAND afterwards has restored things back to normal

*2nd Edit*
False alarm, worked fine goin through EShop. It glitched the firs time by pressing Y to update from the home menu.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok well, i should say that i updated my monster hunter 4g yesterday, and everything is fine...
good luck with your situation though

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
I have recently been using Gateway 3.1 since it released with the OOT exploit (using a real OOT cartridge, NOT a sky3ds) on a US N3DS XL 9.0 console and it has been working FLAWLESSLY!
Minor bugs but nothing major... I was able to update Smash Bros when prompted for update by Nintendo and I updated no problem.
Now MH4U... it asked me to update, I clicked update. It was progressing then all of a sudden after it finished, white screen for both screens. It completely froze.
Turning off my console, it took me three times to get teh OOT exploit to get me to the Gateway menu... it has been working 100% til now.

I am currently trying to fix it at this moment but point of the post is, do NOT update MH4U!! It completely screwed over my emuNAND.. also if you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue please let me know!

*After formatting my N3DS microSD card and putting it back in, Gateway menu is loading more appropriately now like before. However, emuNAND Gateway mode is still blacking out when trying to load it..
I am in the process of formatting emuNAND at this moment to see if it will fix it... *crossing fingers*

really strange, im going to not update, just to be safe. ill see if others have this problem. updating isnt to important to me anyway, i dont want to use online or anything, and im fine with a bug or two

Fulcaire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok well, i should say that i updated my monster hunter 4g yesterday, and everything is fine...
good luck with your situation though

Damn really? I wonder what happened.. my emuNAND completely stopped working after trying to update MH4... hmm
Formatting emuNAND after formatting my n3DS microSD card fixed it and I got it running again.. Thinking of giving it another try at updating when I'm not lazy.. but anyone have this problem?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Damn really? I wonder what happened.. my emuNAND completely stopped working after trying to update MH4... hmm
Formatting emuNAND after formatting my n3DS microSD card fixed it and I got it running again.. Thinking of giving it another try at updating when I'm not lazy.. but anyone have this problem?

i mean, it's not like gw has a problem specifically with the update for monster hunter, maybe it is just a bit unstable.
it sounds like you updated the game from the home menu (by pressing Y i think), which uses a different app as opposed to download it from the actual eshop app.
maybe (maybe) it has a little problem with updating games via the home menu, i doubt it though, i honestly think you were just unlucky :( sorry

Fulcaire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i mean, it's not like gw has a problem specifically with the update for monster hunter, maybe it is just a bit unstable.
it sounds like you updated the game from the home menu (by pressing Y i think), which uses a different app as opposed to download it from the actual eshop app.
maybe (maybe) it has a little problem with updating games via the home menu, i doubt it though, i honestly think you were just unlucky :( sorry

My bad everyone false alarm :-P
You were completely right, cearp. Thanks for the advice. I did update the game by pressing Y. So after seeing your post, I went to eshop and updated it. there was no issue at all. Thank you!!

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Related game update question: is it possible to update US region games on a JPN console / emunand via eshop?

your question would be better reworded like this, 'is is possible to get out of region updates from eshop?' :)
because really, it is nothing specific to usa/jpn.
still, the answer is no :D

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirming guys, that sucks :S
Is there some sort of PC tool to grab game updates in a format that can be converted to cia?
(like an equivalent of PS3 Game Updater for PS3)

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to start a new thread and this is sort of related but if I have used a cia file to update a game and then there is another update is it okay to download it from the eshop or do I have to wait for a cia version? do I have to uninstall the previous cia update?

appreciate any help!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't want to start a new thread and this is sort of related but if I have used a cia file to update a game and then there is another update is it okay to download it from the eshop or do I have to wait for a cia version? do I have to uninstall the previous cia update?

appreciate any help!

newer content/files will overwrite the old existing one, it should work fine no matter how you install it :)

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fwiw, FunkyCIA2 MH4U US update

??? No Idea what this is, probably cannot make a CIA. - 0004000d00126300
Skipping title...
Downloading TMD...
Downloaded TMD OK!

Downloading Contents...
Downloading 1 of 2. This file is 41.58 MB
Downloaded 43597824 of 43597824 bytes (100.00%)

Downloading 2 of 2. This file is 4.31 MB
Downloaded 4521984 of 4521984 bytes (100.00%)

Title download complete

CTR_Toolkit - CIA Generator for CDN Content
Version 1.0 (C) 3DSGuy 2013

[!] Caution, Ticket and TMD Title Versions do not match
[!] CETK Title Ver: 0
[!] TMD Title Ver: 1072
[*] cia\UpdatePatch\0004000e00126300\0004000e00126300.cia Generated

Sucessfully
CIA created ok!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Fwiw, FunkyCIA2 MH4U US update

??? No Idea what this is, probably cannot make a CIA. - 0004000d00126300
Skipping title...
Downloading TMD...
Downloaded TMD OK!

Downloading Contents...
Downloading 1 of 2. This file is 41.58 MB
Downloaded 43597824 of 43597824 bytes (100.00%)

Downloading 2 of 2. This file is 4.31 MB
Downloaded 4521984 of 4521984 bytes (100.00%)

Title download complete

CTR_Toolkit - CIA Generator for CDN Content
Version 1.0 (C) 3DSGuy 2013

[!] Caution, Ticket and TMD Title Versions do not match
[!] CETK Title Ver: 0
[!] TMD Title Ver: 1072
[*] cia\UpdatePatch\0004000e00126300\0004000e00126300.cia Generated

Sucessfully
CIA created ok!
hi, what is the problem, why did you put this here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.