1. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    that is not what I said.. I said it works for me with RCM disabled - I have NEVER enabled RCM as I do not want RCM enabled (as it can supposedly be detected).

matias3ds likes this.
  2. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    Because i have autorcm enabled and after i created emunand amd turn off my switch , i got a boot.dat message i tried to install it and reinstall it in every possible way . Im creating emunand again and gonna to disable autorcam and test it and then enable autorcm to see if that was the error

3. alexantao

alexantao Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    My solution was pretty simple: Format SDCard to Fat32 and create Emunand after that.

gizmomelb likes this.
  4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    You got it backwards. Your emuNAND is supposed to stay on an old, vulnerable firmware whereas your sysNAND is supposed to be up-to-date.

5. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It can go either way. If you play online then it should be as you stated.

But if you don't care about online play and would like to keep your sysnand on a low firmware for potentially "better" (untethered) hacks then you can keep your sysnand low and emunand at the latest to be able to play the newest games.

Maupiti and matias3ds like this.
  6. icewarp

icewarp Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    How will you use 16GB .nsp files on a fat32 microsd?

gizmomelb likes this.
  7. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    USB installation.

icewarp likes this.
  8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    USB install or split the size of the file.

icewarp likes this.
  9. icewarp

icewarp Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Could you please share info on how to split the file? Which tool?

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States

I been using this, the dividensp .bat file.

icewarp likes this.
  11. Legend Of Kay

Legend Of Kay GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I’ve created two hidden partition emunand, one when autorcm was enabled and one without and both failed to boot past sx screen once I enable autorcm. It’s a friends switch and he doesn’t have a jig so he really wants autorcm enabled. Is there any work around available?

SXOS 2.6.2 sys/emunand 7.0.1
    Fat32 sd card

Last edited by Legend Of Kay, Apr 17, 2019
  12. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

Puerto Rico
    Try creating emunand via files on sd.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Press the power button once when you get to the black screen. It may boot up after. It's a workaround that has worked for some users having problems with emunand on hidden partition.

Legend Of Kay likes this.
  13. Legend Of Kay

Australia
    Thanks will give both options are try when i get home.

JJTapia19 likes this.
  14. gizmomelb

Australia
    hi icewarp,

I do all my installing using a USB cable between my switch and PC and run NUT or SXSERVER to serve the files to the switch. Large NSP files are no issues to install on FAT32 formatted cards (eg: Skyrim took about 4 minutes to install and I don't need to delete the NSP file from my SD card after it is installed).

I'm more inclined towards recommending SX OS and emuNAND setup as follows:

FAT32 formatted SD Card - better file partition stability over EXFAT formatted card. Sure there is a 4GB file size limit for files on the FAT32 formatted partition, however once you set up USB cable file transfer / installation from a desktop / laptop (and you can also install from a networked drive or google drive over wifi if you have your wifi network set up and block the nintendo servers etc.) you'll never copy files to your SD card to then have to install them ever again.

On my Windows PC I run either the NUT.EXE v1.2 from the blawar / github / release page, or the SX Server v1.1.exe from the SX OS Download page (if I'm on my ubuntu desktop I run the python version of NUT) to 'serve' the files to my Switch.

On the Switch I have both the SX Installer v1.52 (as it has some features the other installer does not) and Lithium v1.55 installed ( there are different apps with the same name tinfoil - the one I used is from the tinfoil . io web site and is currently version 1.55 ).

emuNAND as files on card rather than as a hidden partition. This allows the user to easily backup the emuNAND to PC / cloud / wherever and it transfers all save games and profiles in one go if you copy the emuNAND files to a new or larger SD card. Hidden partition is a little more difficult to transfer to a new SD card or backup.

As an aside.. I also have a 4TB usb 3.0, 2.5" western digital (the elements version I think it is, has a dark blue, squarish case) USB HDD which has XCI images on it.. mostly I leave that drive connected to the dock and my daughter just browses it to try various titles. She figured out herself how to install the XCI to the SD card.

15. Legend Of Kay

Australia

So turns out the actual easiest solution was to use hekate to launch the SXOS payload which allowed my emunand to load every time so far without fail. Bit of a round about way of doing it but saves me another hour of making a new emunand.

JJTapia19 likes this.
  16. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

Puerto Rico
    Nice! I think you discovered a new workaround! Never heard of that one before. Hope a future update fixes this issue.

17. van0

van0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thank you! I was losing my mind as I knew I'd updated my CFW the correct way and couldn't figure it out. That worked for me! cheers.

JJTapia19 likes this.
  18. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

The problems is the Emunand i have wasn't have the exfat update yet, so it can't boot in cfw because it won't read exfat card, not because of different fw

19. metal921

metal921 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anybody found a solution??

Still can’t find a solution to this problem. I have the same issue as op

I have been trying to boot into cfw 7.0.1 for months now and it just doesn’t boot for some reason! Right now I had a working 6.2 emunand using 2.5.3 updated to 7.0.1 using choinx, swapped out to 2.6.2 and still no go! Trying to find a solution but I’m getting nowhere!

20. gizmomelb

Australia
    have you done the extended power button press to clear the switch?

there are at least three different solutions people have mentioned in this thread.. have you tried them all?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emunand, working,