Hacking EMUNAND 4.5 On Higher Firmware Version

ryuga93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So I came across this thread while going through the Chinese Forum.

高版本虚拟4.5需要拆机加装芯片,现阶段不能按home退出游戏只能直接关机,存档没问题,可以跨版本,改装后机器的原生版本不能升级,需要拆除芯片才 能升级,只有7.1能改,5.1~7.1之间都不行,有意而7.1以下的朋友建议让机器自动下载7.1的系统,但不要确定升级,以后改装的时候再升级,因 为不知道最近7.1以下系统会不会正式破解,所以建议保留。玩烧录卡的基本功能可以达到,但现在还有很多问题,如进入系统死机概率高,gw卡使用奥米茄固 件不稳定等,我会尽快完善。计划收多两台美版和神游、欧版做兼容性测试。

Translation:
To run the EMUNAND, the 3ds must be hardmodded by installing a chip on it, currently the game cannot be exited using HOME button, there is no problem on the game saves. After the mod, the original NAND can't be updated and must remove to mod in order to update it. Currently only supports version 7.1, so those with version between 5.1 to 7.1 should use system update to download the 7.1 firmware, but only update it after installing the mod. Basically flashcards can be played but there are still many bugs, for example, high probablity of getting black screen when entering EMUNAND, unstable when using GW Omega. I will buy other US, iQue and EU region 3ds to test its compatibility

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3010230197
Another link with video: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2969520371
(Note the Miiverse icon on the 3ds)

ryuga93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This sounds...fishy.
Why not show a game running, instead of just a single system menu screen.
inb4 Gateway bricks storm v2

Also, why is there miiverse in 4.5 emunand...
Yea, the video does not show any information...the only clue in the video is the Miiverse icon. Because the original system version is 7.1 and running emunand on it causes the icon to appear on the emunand

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds...fishy.
Why not show a game running, instead of just a single system menu screen.
inb4 Gateway bricks storm v2

Also, why is there miiverse in 4.5 emunand...

Well. It's probably an interrupted emunand update.

I had the same thing except mine was 4.4 emunand with miiverse icon. The way it happened for me was that when i was updating/setting up the emunand as per standard procedure, I somehow got an error. The console rebooted and I discovered that somehow even though my emunand was GW4.4, I had the miiverse icon.

Reactions: ScarletCrystals

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.