RELEASE emuMMC-Toggler - Dead Simple emuMMC toggling homebrew

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Ev1l0rd, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Source: https://github.com/noirscape/emummc-toggler

Release: https://github.com/noirscape/emummc-toggler/releases/latest

Got frustrated enough with having to pull my SD to swap between emuMMC and sysMMC.

This program is just dead simple, no frills no gimmicks. Press - to toggle emuMMC on or off. Press + to exit the tool.

Reboot after using to boot the correct NAND.

Don't run this if you have screwed with the on or off variable to something weird or the ini file is missing, the tool will stop you from running it if it can't work it out or won't change anything. Don't be stupid while using this.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd, Jun 19, 2019
  2. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    How do you have your switch setup where you cannot boot regularly into sysnand?

I have emummc in its own partition, and it only boots when I push a payload. Are you using Autorcm?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Question: When I shutdown from emummc and then try to boot the switch regularly, it gets frozen on the switch logo. When it does this, I have to press the power button and it shuts off immediately. Pressing the power button again starts the switch normally and I no longer experience that freeze, until after the next time I switch from using Emummc again. Is this happening to others?

3. Djakku

Djakku Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yes it happened to mine as well

tabzer likes this.
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yep I've had that too, it's a known problem that should be fixed in a new release soon.

5. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    I use AutoRCM + chainloading fusee-primary from Hekate. Swapping to sysMMC would mean having to unplug my microSD and putting it in my computer and editing the setting and then putting it back in my Switch. Quite a complicated process, which this tool simplifies for me.

That's a bug with emuMMC I'm afraid. Not a bug with this tool.

6. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    Sorry got the wrong topic.

7. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    New release: https://github.com/noirscape/emummc-toggler/releases/latest

This release adjusts for the required changes in Atmosphere 0.9.2.

That said, I recommend users to use the new Hekate GUI (Nyx) instead, which permits toggling Atmosphere much better and much saner compared to this tool.

hippy dave likes this.