Hacking Question emummc missing some games installed on sysnand

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Methods for transferring saves/game installs? I barely have space left on the system or sd, and can get to the games on sysnand. I thought if I made an emuMMC it takes such data as part of the process.. Guess not.

Is the solution as simple as dragging and dropping the sysnand's Nintendo folder from the main sd partition to the same folder on emuMMC's partition? I've had to deal with similar save transfers for years with emulators and the 3DS. So I'm thinking that's all there is to it. Can anyone clarify?

(and maybe link a guide to mounting said emu paritition? I'm assuming Linux will just see it naturally but it's quite a lot of effort in my situation so I want to ask first, and this seems too specific as yet again search engines are failing me)

edits:
1. I had made an emuMMC before but I don't think it was working as I had no issues with starting games I had installed via cfw sysnand

Last edited by verispi,

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the file "emummc/emummc.ini", you could set "nintendo_path=Nintendo" to target the same SD card content. However, I am not sure of the behavior if you SysMMC and your EmuMMC don't have the same firmware level. In addition, if you are using your SysMMC for online, I am not sure how Nintendo will react if they detect some NSP installed (even if the SysMMC doesn't have the ticket to make it run).

Reactions: verispi

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently Nintendo doesn't care about me :< I signed up for Nintendo acc and got Tetris 99 on the dirty sysnand. It's even how I initially updated firmware. Past troubles aside, both nands are 8.1.0, they'll play nicely.

One of the reasons I want to get everything over to emuMMC is so the installed .nsp games don't show up when I boot stock sysnand.

I could edit the ini.. but then the emuMMC is just being pointed someplace, which means it'll be reading the same folder the sysnand does.

edit: I forgot forums are something you post in and then go to school/work or make dinner etc before checking back lol. Cursed social apps and their instant whatsahoosit.

Last edited by verispi,

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump

edit: so.. if both emuMMC and sysnand use the same partition, isn't that basically wasting 32GB? emuMMC Nintendo folder is right next to the other one. What's even the point of it aside from a half-baked chance of not getting banned online?

Last edited by verispi,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Apparently Nintendo doesn't care about me :< I signed up for Nintendo acc and got Tetris 99 on the dirty sysnand. It's even how I initially updated firmware. Past troubles aside, both nands are 8.1.0, they'll play nicely.

One of the reasons I want to get everything over to emuMMC is so the installed .nsp games don't show up when I boot stock sysnand.

I could edit the ini.. but then the emuMMC is just being pointed someplace, which means it'll be reading the same folder the sysnand does.

edit: I forgot forums are something you post in and then go to school/work or make dinner etc before checking back lol. Cursed social apps and their instant whatsahoosit.
They don't seem to be actively banning people since some months ago. My guess is they're biding their time to strike hard once they decide it's time. That doesn't mean they don't know what you're doing though, they most likely do.
Seems like rather than just preventing pirates from using online, their primary goal with the ban is to scare people away from pirating in the first place, which random ban waves do as good of a job at as just outright banning anyone caught hacking their system.
They also seem to be a fan of doing the bare minimum to keep investors happy.
And it's not like banning every single pirate is going to make those pirates stop pirating, now they have a console that is essentially only good for piracy, and Nintendo knows that, so from a business perspective it doesn't seem like it makes as much sense to ban everyone.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: verispi

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wish companies would just face the facts and stick to banning actual cheaters online.

The first thing to know about piracy is that it isn't a lost sale because 99% chance that person either can't afford it or was never going to buy the game at all. If anything, it's a gained sale. Which lines up with older research before paid-off studies "claimed" it was harmful.

Alas, I'm blabbing lol.

I really want to switch my games over to emuMMC without spending another 11 hours transferring and reinstalling, though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg