Homebrew emulators on o3ds? and how to add games to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any emulators besides mgba for o3ds homebrew? and if so, how does one add the games to the emulators to play them? i have phantom hourglass and spirit tracks and paper mario TTYD,and zelda majora's mask and conker's bad fur day as rom files and various emulators that can run them on pc but it would be more fun if i could play them on a 3ds.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroarch gpsp (i've found it works much better than mgba), blargsnes (snes emulator, runs alot of stuff full speed), and just look through all of the retroarch emulators, theres lots there. currently, no n64 emulators are on 3ds. n64 is a hard system to emulate, and the O3ds can't even get anywhere near full speed with a ps1 emulator, so its probably not even capable at this point in time.

In terms of adding games to them, you just have to put the rom files in a specific folder, or for the retroarch ones, anywhere on the sd card works.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about ds? n64 can be taken care of later.also do u have a link to the emulators? and can they run roms with .nds or an .ngc file?

Last edited by BLarghsalot!,

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then what files can retroarch accept? cause i do not want to get some stupid home made type of rip off look a like game roms of games like phantom hourglass or paper mario ttyd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

example: i do not want a rom like pokemon chaos blue or zelda: the conch shell... i want roms of the actual games that nintendo made or that were exclusive to regions.

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as before... The 3DS can't emulate N64 nor PS1 yet. I don't know why you would think it could emulate GameCube. Also, NDS emulation is possible but very slow on o3DS, and alright on n3DS.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
then what files can retroarch accept? cause i do not want to get some stupid home made type of rip off look a like game roms of games like phantom hourglass or paper mario ttyd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

example: i do not want a rom like pokemon chaos blue or zelda: the conch shell... i want roms of the actual games that nintendo made or that were exclusive to regions.
You sure are bossy for someone who wants shit for free. I'd recommend changing your tone if you expect people to offer you help.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3ds+retroarch

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
srry i did not mean to appear bossy. it is just tht when i com across roms they usually are not what you intend to find. those 2 examples i gave are such. plus like i said i do not care for n64 or ps1 or gamecube roms/emulators as those are examples of roms i do have on my pc. i know that atm the n64,ps1,gc,ectra would not be able to play on any 3ds. i am mostly looking for a ds one and roms that could go with it as some sites give off rip offs of games,not the actual game your looking for.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
srry i did not mean to appear bossy. it is just tht when i com across roms they usually are not what you intend to find. those 2 examples i gave are such. plus like i said i do not care for n64 or ps1 or gamecube roms/emulators as those are examples of roms i do have on my pc. i know that atm the n64,ps1,gc,ectra would not be able to play on any 3ds. i am mostly looking for a ds one and roms that could go with it as some sites give off rip offs of games,not the actual game your looking for.
Well, asking for ROMs or links to ROMs is a good way to get yourself banned, that's not allowed here.

As for emulators, there is no 100% playable DS emulator for the 3DS, there is however a work in progress emulator here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/
Don't expect it to play much of anything, or run at anywhere near real speed.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States

//Your sig has never been truer, lmao.

To OP: Emulation is a hard thing to do. It takes a lot of work to reverse engineer every single little piece of hardware and perfectly recreate it on another console. For the 3DS, it's especially hard because not only is it underpowered as hell, but unless you have CFW/ kernel access, you can't use the hardware to the fullest potential. So just relax, and if you're really into emulation on the go, then go grab a high end Android gaming device. You probably could get decent frames on the Dolphin (GCN emulation) alpha build if you buy something good.

Also, ROMs are foreboded to link cause sharing backups of any copyrighted games/files is illegal, and hence not allowed on these forums. Simply google "that emulation site which is also paradise" and click on the first link. That should get you somewhere. (Note that as I said, this is illegal to download them. You won't get caught if you aren't stupid with them, but if you ever get in any other legal trouble, know that having downloaded these ROMS from an illicit website can be used against you.)

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed trashed quote -rp

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for one who said i was asking for links to roms? or rom files in a instance? secondly, this is not my original account,it is my secondary account.i am usually nice but when some lard butt like "drake"comes along and says "oh you can't ask for roms or other random crap" when i already knew this.i was asking for like a name of a site,not the damn link(s).thirdly, i know emulation is hard to do and the 3ds is not as powerful as a android or tablet device,ectra.fourth thing is that i deal with super lag all the time in emulators and games alike.your talking to a guy who still has a pc with windows 7 that is an acer brand,the pc itself is a couple of years old and at the same time it does not work to the fullest unless another of it's kind is next to it,on at the same time due to the core inside of it being that of a family pack version. it isn't some suped up gaming pc or the latest or greatest laptop.infact it is garbage. it can't even make up it's mind on wherever the internet is on or not even though it knows passcodes to wifi routers,hell it will even not connect to a non passcoded one unless through ethernet cord.
fifth, really do not care if i get banned or not, it has happened before MANY times and guess what, it doesn't matter since we all are going to the same place one day, may not be now but some day: Death.so have fun.
4a1ea32533fbd57c77d6f0d778df43e9.png

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
for one who said i was asking for links to roms? or rom files in a instance? secondly, this is not my original account,it is my secondary account.i am usually nice but when some lard butt like "drake"comes along and says "oh you can't ask for roms or other random crap" when i already knew this.i was asking for like a name of a site,not the damn link(s).thirdly, i know emulation is hard to do and the 3ds is not as powerful as a android or tablet device,ectra.fourth thing is that i deal with super lag all the time in emulators and games alike.your talking to a guy who still has a pc with windows 7 that is an acer brand,the pc itself is a couple of years old and at the same time it does not work to the fullest unless another of it's kind is next to it,on at the same time due to the core inside of it being that of a family pack version. it isn't some suped up gaming pc or the latest or greatest laptop.infact it is garbage. it can't even make up it's mind on wherever the internet is on or not even though it knows passcodes to wifi routers,hell it will even not connect to a non passcoded one unless through ethernet cord.
fifth, really do not care if i get banned or not, it has happened before MANY times and guess what, it doesn't matter since we all are going to the same place one day, may not be now but some day: Death.so have fun.
View attachment 58161

LMAO WHAT

O...ooookaaaay dude. Didn't need your life story....

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 58161
Man, 15 year olds sure have it tough these days :(

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
retroarch gpsp (i've found it works much better than mgba), blargsnes (snes emulator, runs alot of stuff full speed), and just look through all of the retroarch emulators, theres lots there. currently, no n64 emulators are on 3ds. n64 is a hard system to emulate, and the O3ds can't even get anywhere near full speed with a ps1 emulator, so its probably not even capable at this point in time.

In terms of adding games to them, you just have to put the rom files in a specific folder, or for the retroarch ones, anywhere on the sd card works.
You forgot the awesome brandnew snes9x for o3ds, that thing almost owns blargsnes and offers a quality that almost equals PocketSnes on n3ds.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Emulation on the 3DS is bad and it's really neither the hardware nor the community at fault. Right now, homebrew/emulation on the 3DS is actually still in it's early phases, We are just starting to really unlock the potential behind the system. As well no one is going to use the official SDK because using it for homebrew is extremely quick way to get sued. Nintendo does monitor who it using and what they are using it for. And it also won't unlock everything for homebrew devs.
N64 emulation is just not possible, no because it's the 3DS, but because N64 emulation is hard. The N64 was an interesting system and the hardware for both the system and the games is still extremely hard to emulation, even to this day. PCs still don't have perfect emulation for it, so it's just not going to be possible to make usable emulator for the 3DS.
There is a a DS emulator for New3DS, but it runs horribly slow and can't run on an old3DS due to limited resources.
What you are asking for just isn't feasible and its not because we are naysayers, it's because it's just not going to work. I'm sorry, that's just how the cookie crumbles. There are still plenty of options, DS(i) can now work on the 3DS, allowing you to still use DS ROMS, the PSP has amazing PS1 emulation, and there are tons of portable devices that emulate the N64. Sure these aren't the answers you are looking for, but at least they more than nothing.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
secondly, this is not my original account,it is my secondary account
Thanks for the tip, pal - you know that having two accounts is explicitly forbidden in the rules you agreed to when registering to this website, right?

I'll have to ban this account. You can go back to using your old one if you want.

Thread locked since it's going nowhere fast anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu