Homebrew Emulators for DS that DO NOT require SLOT2 expansion?

wohdin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see title

it seems like every emulator out there requires a SLOT2 memory expansion cart, and since there's obviously no such thing on DSi/3DS this is kind of a problem. Mainly NES and SNES are what I'm wanting, but anything else would be awesome as well.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest solution is a DStwo kart. It has a second processor onboard that allows the extra power for most SNES and GBA games.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What needs a slot 2 except gba games? It seems that the rest of them (nes and snes) will work with slot 1. The DStwo gba emulator is not perfect, as it goes for nes and snes, other flashcarts will do fine. But, the PSP handles nes and snes fine, better than the NDS in my opinion.

you should be able to find slot one emulators at filetrip.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/emulators/emulators-for-nds/

Reactions: 1 person

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't many emulators that require the extra ram. There's quake 2, Linux, and hmmz... Can't think of others. Snemulds, Quake 1, and NeoDS support it but don't require it. I never noticed a difference with it on Snemul.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the only things i can recall that *require* slot-2 ram expansion are quake2, the j build of scummvmds, and dslinux. neods and snemulds can benefit from slot-2 devices but they are not required. with neods it did some sprite caching and with snemulds it was used for paging with large rom files.

seems like the poster is making a lot of assumptions without putting any time into research and actual testing.

-another world

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't many emulators that require the extra ram. There's quake 2, Linux, and hmmz... Can't think of others. Snemulds, Quake 1, and NeoDS support it but don't require it. I never noticed a difference with it on Snemul.

This suddenly reminded of how amazing a DSTWO port of NeoDS would be. Curse you.

wohdin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the last time I checked up on DS brew, almost everything I tried wouldn't run any games just from slot1. But that was kind of forever ago.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SNES emulators used to be mostly slot-2 only, but that was years ago. The only ones that require slot-2 nowadays have already been mentioned in this thread, so go ahead and use things like SNEmulDS, NES DS, Lameboy, jEnesisDS, all that good stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1