Hacking Emulator problems with AceKard 2.1 & AKAIO

Norkusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just switched from a Supercard DSOne to an AceKard 2.1. Got the AceKard today and set it up with AKAIO 1.41 PROPER. Everything is working fine except for the emulators though. I'm trying to use the Lameboy and ColecoDS emulators but the games aren't loading for some reason. In ColecoDS, I get the same garbled screen every time after I load a game and in Lameboy, the games won't load at all.

I did eventually get Lameboy working. Originally, my rom folder has 1,047 games in it (complete original GB & GBC libraries), so I deleted that folder and created a new one with only 2 roms in it. Now the emulator works. The rom selection screen looks like this:

._Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (USA)
._Tetris DX (World)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (USA)
Tetris DX (World)

I've only got 2 roms in the folder but the list is showing 4. The games with the "._" in front of them are the ones that won't load. When I had the old rom folder with 1,047 games on the card, ALL games had the "._" prefix but none were listed without it. All roms are zipped.

Anyone know why it's doing this? Searched the forums before posting but couldn't find any answers. My old Supercard DSOne didn't have any problems like this with emulators. At first I thought it was a file limit but I've read that the AceKard doesn't have one. I used the Panasonic formatter and my 8GB microSD card is formatted as fat32. Tried using different combinations of older AKAIO & official firmware and loaders but still no success.

Another strange thing I noticed is that on my Mac, the ColecoDS rom folder has 183 roms in it but the AceKard shows 256.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try formatting the card with the official SD formatter. Also, you should try putting all of the ROMs in organized folders...like, a folder for A, B, C, etc. I don't see those games with the ._ prefix though...what version of lameboy do you have?

Norkusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply but I think I figured it out. Guess Mac's add the "._" when you copy files to a non-HFS filesystem. I just booted into Windows on my Mac and added the files to the microSD in XP. All the file names show up as normal now and play without any problems.

Still doesn't really make any sense because this has never happened before with my old R4 and DSone cards. Must have something to do with the AceKard. Haven't messed with the Colecovision emulator yet but I assume it's probably the same issue.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Norkusa said:
Thanks for the reply but I think I figured it out. Guess Mac's add the "._" when you copy files to a non-HFS filesystem. I just booted into Windows on my Mac and added the files to the microSD in XP. All the file names show up as normal now and play without any problems.

Still doesn't really make any sense because this has never happened before with my old R4 and DSone cards. Must have something to do with the AceKard. Haven't messed with the Colecovision emulator yet but I assume it's probably the same issue.
Ah, I was wondering about that. Either way, it doesn't look like it'll be too much of a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night