Hacking Emulation

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get an emulator on the acekard 2i, that can play GB games, or GBC games, or GBA games (if u use it on the dsi) or does the acekard 2i not alow that?

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
bluebowser31 said:
does lameboy work on the acekard 2i?

Yes

QUOTEand why couldnt i use a gba emulator on it if that worked?
tongue.gif

A GBA emulator does not exist. The only ones that are planned require specific linkers with extra hardware.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im no expert on any of this (why im here
tongue.gif
) but the ds is slow on my computer (meaning its powerfull) and i can run 4 player gba games on the same computer... so it would seem to me putting a gba emulator on there would be no probleb (especialy if you have up to 32gb to work with right now...)

unless the memory/power isnt the problem, and im missing something completely...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
im no expert on any of this (why im here
tongue.gif
) but the ds is slow on my computer (meaning its powerfull) and i can run 4 player gba games on the same computer... so it would seem to me putting a gba emulator on there would be no probleb (especialy if you have up to 32gb to work with right now...)

unless the memory/power isnt the problem, and im missing something completely...
I think your computer is stronger then a DS... The DS only has 4MB of ram which is to little.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tru (about the ram) but its very slow, unless i make the color quality lower and make it no sound
frown.gif

but kmon, its the gba, i asked this question more as where to get one, not to question wether we had one, the gbas kinda weak...

oh well, no gba emulator for ds yet
frown.gif

WAIT: http://www.gbadsi.com/

then is that site/download fake?

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't even the DSi have some of the same hardware as the GBA? Even if it does not have a GBA Mode, someone may be able to make a "Mock GBA" mode or something. Emulation would be near impossible without extra hardware I know.

Whats interesting is I am almost certain that Nintendo is aleast thinking of creating a GBA virtual console, because a rep told me, they just needed to get more developers on board before they could officially say they were gonna do it.

It'd be nice to have GBA on DSi, I think it may be possible in the future without extra hardware, but it sure isn't around at the moment.

D

Deleted_171835

spark1223 said:
Doesn't even the DSi have some of the same hardware as the GBA?
Nope.
They removed the GBA hardware along with the slot in an effort to make it slimmer.
The DSi simply does not have the horsepower to emulate GBA games without an external device.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Didn't know that... That sucks.

But I swear nintendo say they might do some kind of virtual console with GBA games for the DSi. I have no idea how they will do it without GBA hardware, but a rep told me they just needed more developers and publishers to agree to officially come out with a statement.

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bluebowser31 said:
tru (about the ram) but its very slow, unless i make the color quality lower and make it no sound
frown.gif

but kmon, its the gba, i asked this question more as where to get one, not to question wether we had one, the gbas kinda weak...

oh well, no gba emulator for ds yet
frown.gif

WAIT: http://www.gbadsi.com/

then is that site/download fake?

On your computer? o-o
Do you have a carpet load of tasks in the background or something o-o

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
dude, the GBA emu for the iPlayer (400MHz + 200MHz) is slow on most games. Hope the SCDS2 emu will be better
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: LOL, my post was made before I saw your "WAIT" thing... lol

What? I have an iPlayer and I've only had problems with two games: the FMV videos in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (the rest of the game works fine) and for some reason I can't get any version of Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land to work. But everything else I've played on the GBA emulator on there seems like full speed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?