Emulation on this?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by shark1987, Jan 11, 2007.

Jan 11, 2007

Emulation on this? by shark1987 at 2:37 AM (860 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. shark1987
    OP

Member shark1987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm new to all of this and it seems to me that the R4DS is one of the better DS solutions. So my question is what kind of emulation can you do on it? Cause I saw a thread about NES emulation, but in the review it said that the emulator wasn't working for them? And also is there a way, through newer firmwares, to broaden the compatibility of new software/emulators?

And one more question, why isn't anyone buying from that gameyeeeah.com site because I see people complaining about other sites being out of stock and as far as I can tell this place still has them.

Thanks

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    NesDS works, but only with appended roms. PicoDrive apparently does not work. SnezziDS requires the GBA ram on a slot 2 cart to work, so it won't run on any slot 1 cart. Goomba & Goomba Color are GBA mode emus, so they won't run on any slot 1 cart. There are no DS mode GB or GBC emus that I know of.

The problem for most of the emus that won't run is probably not the firmware. The main issues are the GBA ram, and fatlib. Once the R4DS has fatlib support some of the older emus can probably just be recompiled to work on it.

Dunno about gameyeeeeeeaaaahhh, but several shops have the M3 simply in stock. It's the same hardware with a different label.

3. 7dev7null

Newcomer 7dev7null Newbie

well, I've ordered from them at January 4th, and today I received a call from the DHL office here (I'm in Brazil), to confirm my documents and release the package for delivery. It should be in my hands at least till friday, I hope.

Despite the fact they took a while with the shipping (because my country expects a VAT number to be sent along with the package and they didn't know that), I've had no problems so far... not with gameyeeeah at least, but with the tracking site, because according to them my package is still in Dubai [​IMG]