domiankrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hallo,

i recently got a Sony Xperia S and I thougt with a gameklip or an Icontrolpad I would use it as a Handheld. But i found out, that a real Handheld would be better.

I mostly want to play NES, SNES (!), GBA, GB, Mega Drive and maybe PS1 Games with it?

Which Handheld can do it the best?
I thought of a PSP is it able to play all those (and maybe Mega CD)?
Are there already hacked PS Vitas?
If yes can they play all of the above and PSP Games?
Can the play pirated Vita games and if not whill they?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
PS Vita isn't really "hacked" yet. Access to PSP mode is nothing special. Just nab a PSP and it'll do what you want.

domiankrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does PSP Mode mean it only plays PSP Games or everything the psp does? Is the PSP able to play Snes, Ps1, Meta CD and N64 games? Would the Vita be able to play Dreamcast or Ps2 games when completely hacked? IS it possible to say that the Vita will be hacked completely in near future?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Does PSP Mode mean it only plays PSP Games or everything the psp does? Is the PSP able to play Snes, Ps1, Meta CD and N64 games? Would the Vita be able to play Dreamcast or Ps2 games when completely hacked? IS it possible to say that the Vita will be hacked completely in near future?
It should do most of what the PSP does as far as my knowledge is concerned (I could be wrong). It's really hard to get the exploit done though. It's consistently done through use of a game purchased from the PSN, and as soon as the exploit gets out, the game doesn't stay on the market much longer than it takes Sony to realize the exploit is out there. You're far better off not relying on the small windows of opportunity that periodically crop up. It's best to simply get a PSP, as every model with every firmware can be hacked 100%. Not a thing to worry about.

PSP can play SNES, PS1 (extremely well due to integrated PS1 eboot compatibility; just research a bit when/if you actually get a PSP), Megadrive/Genesis, and even N64 (sort of). All but PS1 require an emulator, but the emulators available tend to be quite good. The exception is the N64. The fact that there is even a somewhat okay functioning N64 emulator on the PSP is amazing enough. It was essentially a proof of concept that got carried further, but it's still god awful for anything resembling serious game playing. You can sort of play a handful of titles with slowdown, but most of too many issues to even consider bothering with. Essentially, forget N64 emulation on the PSP.

As for the Vita's capabilities when hacked, we won't know until it's actually hacked. Speculation on what might be possible isn't worth purchasing a Vita over now. As for when the Vita will be completely hacked, it's absolutely impossible to say. Maybe in a few days, maybe in a few years. There's no way to know. If you buy a Vita at this point, you're either buying it to let it rather dust but at least guarantee a potentially hackable Vita in the future, or you're buying it to actually use it as it was intended to be used.

domiankrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your really well explaining answer. Now I definitely pickup a PSP. You said every modell does it. Last time I was involved in PSP homebrew only the 1004 Modell worked. I read that the 3004 Modells are slightly more advanced so should I pickup these? How much is a used PSP (best homebrew modell) in a good shape worth? Where can I get it the cheapest

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
All PSP models can be hacked now. The last digit of the model doesn't matter, that's just the region code, all of them will work.

You can get used PSP 2000/3000 models for like $50-80 USD depending on the seller and such. The Go has 16GB of internal storage and tends to be a bit more.

domiankrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your answer. But I meant something different, the difference between the first digit. The PSP 1004 The FAT One has 32MB Ram and the 3004 has 64MB Ram so I assume since the 3004 has more RAM the Emulation has to be better, am I right?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All PSP models can be hacked now. The last digit of the model doesn't matter, that's just the region code, all of them will work.

You can get used PSP 2000/3000 models for like $50-80 USD depending on the seller and such. The Go has 16GB of internal storage and tends to be a bit more.
I got my go for a little over 60 bucks used, and I know that with the vita out now the prices have been dropping a lot. Definitely worth grabbing a Go if you want it for hack purposes.

Its_just_Lou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I am (apparently, according to buddies) a 'DS fanboy', it seems that a nice modded PSP 1000 is still the one to beat. (and now the Vita, blah blah blah) I really need to use mine more...we have several that languish in dresser drawers, sadly....the Silver 3000 sees usage, but only because wifey plays Kingdom Heart on it.

What would be ideal for me would be a BIG hand-held, the size of a tablet only with 'traditional' controllers and buttons, (touch-screen blows, sorry) and able to handle games/roms up to and including the PS2 generation. This would be my dream hand-held that I would pay sweetly for.
(Mebe should contact Ben Heckendorn? :lol:)

:grog:

TCRe

Bright Studios
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually think a PSP Go is more the way to go is small has all the features of the 2000+3000(minus UMD) but has 16 GB of built in storage plus your able to expand it further via M2 memory cards.

I have found it able to emulate most things no problem even N64 for certain games is very good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night