Emulate RB/GH drums using my PC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by davidsl_128, Sep 30, 2009.

Sep 30, 2009
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Is there a way to connect my PC to the Wii USB ports to emulate a drum controller? Drum-only kits (GH or RB) are not sold here in Colombia yet, and shipping one all the way from the US would be expensive and it'd take months; so I'm looking for a way to play the drums using my PC (no Frets on Fire please, I want to play online with my RB friends!)

After that I could hook up my real drum set to my PC to use it in Rock Band, or at least use the PC keyboard to play. I'd buy one of those MIDI controlers to hook up my drum set directly to the Wii, but they're too expensive and I'd rather buy the complete RB Band pack. Please help, I really want to play the drums in RB2 or at least in Guitar Hero WT [​IMG]

EDIT: I just read my post and it sounds as if I downloaded the game and had no instruments to play with and was too stingy to buy them... but I do have the game, only that I bought it only with a guitar. So if anyone has any idea, it's very welcome!

2. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    If anyone is slightly interested, here's what I would do if I got any help:

1- Build 4 drums using some wood sticks and planks
    [​IMG]

2- Arrange them like a RB drumset

3- Attach the ends of the protruding sticks to a classic controller stick (that way, when someone hits the pad the analog stick will go down, and the drumpad will go up again when it's struck)

4- Using PPJoy, assign the Classic Controller analog sticks to key presses, or whatever the emulator I'm looking for recognizes.

5- Play!

And don't ask me how I'll do the kick pedal; I'd use a 5th drum, but I don't have another classic controller to detect it's movement [​IMG]

So even if no one can help me, does anyone find my idea good? It's what I did for FoF once, and it worked decently.