emuiibo 0.3 released, no longer requires dumps

emuiibo-png.164059

A long-awaited update for @XorTroll's virtual amiibo sysmodule for the Nintendo Switch has finally been released! Emuiibo 0.3 can be considered a big step forward compared to the older versions as it doesn't require NFC dumps to work anymore. You've read that right: all you need to make an emulated amiibo now is just its unique ID, then the homebrew will then take care of the rest! This was made possible thanks to a new file/directory structure introduced in this version, which also allows you to choose whether to use your virtual amiibo for all games or only a specific one. If you've been building up a dump collection and are worried about backward compatibility then don't be, as all previous formats are still supported in 0.3.

But wait, there's more! Emuiibo 0.3 also includes a brand new tool called emuGUIibo, which is an easy to use PC application used to create and customize your virtual amiibo. It will also take care of fetching the correct unique ID for you using a public online API, so you won't have to worry about that either! An ID is just a hexadecimal number shared between all figures of the same type and is not encrypted nor used as an encryption key, so getting them from the internet should be legal (think about it like a game's title ID).

As usual, here is the full official changelog:
Changelog said:
  • Emuiibo has been fully rewritten, what involves several changes:
    • Amiibo moves should be faster now since on previous versions the amiibo dir would be re-scanned (thus iterated over every amiibo) each time user moved to the next amiibo.

• Amiibo structure and filesystem layout have changed to a WAY more proper one. (see below)
  • New amiibo structure - dumps no longer required!
    • The only relevant part of an amiibo is its unique ID (the rest can be emulated), thus having online databases of this IDs, dumps are useless, but still supported ;)

• Amiibos go now inside /emuiibo/amiibo/ for a better directory layout. Don't worry about backwards compatibility. (see below)

• Amiibos can be placed inside /emuiibo/amiibo// to be only used in that specific game. Amiibos outside those directories will be used on any game.

• Backwards compatibility for any kind of amiibo, considering that 3 types exist: single dumps, 0.2.x format and the new 0.3+ format
  • Say hello to a new tool to create virtual amiibos easily - emuGUIibo!
    • Made using Windows Forms, so should be supported by Mono

• Accesses a full amiibo list from an online API, so the user just has to select an amiibo and customize it!

• Amiibos are generated on the user-specified directory. If a drive with /emuiibo directory is detected, emuGUIibo will assume it's a console's SD card and default (but not force) that path.
  • (Probably developer only) nfp:emu service changes:
    • Commands were renamed and reordered, so make sure you update your implementation.

• Added new command to get emuiibo version by 3 integers (major.minor.micro)

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Official GBAtemp thread

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There a way to get this without owning one?

From the article:
"It will also take care of fetching the correct unique ID for you using a public online API, so you won't have to worry about that either! An ID is just a hexadecimal number shared between all figures of the same type and is not encrypted nor used as an encryption key, so getting them from the internet should be legal (think about it like a game's title ID)."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes, read the entire f'íng article in the announcement.
LOL, ok ya that was deserved but I just want to be nicer to the people.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody encountering a bug when activating an amiibo (either by rstick+ up or right) keeps cycling through the amiibo endlessly till you input down?

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't it just effortless amiibo piracy at this point?
emuiibo for 3DS when???

I understood this way:
Tools needed to piracy anything in the world:

1 - people
2 - will
3 - copyrighted stuff

This tool allows you to use the ID of an amiibo you own. If you use for another purpose, its your problem.

malaken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read it. But i smoke to much pot to completely get it. Not exactly Einstein over here.

But thx for reply

Last edited by malaken,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing you can just load in a txt file with every amiibo then just pick the one you want from a list? If not, this should be added.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't it just effortless amiibo piracy at this point?
emuiibo for 3DS when???
Would I consider this piracy? Your not getting the figurine, I mean, it's just a few bytes of a nfc code. This is like the lowest level piracy there is, also considering some of the amiibos get single prints and cost exorbitant amounts of money.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would I consider this piracy? Your not getting the figurine, I mean, it's just a few bytes of a nfc code. This is like the lowest level piracy there is, also considering some of the amiibos get single prints and cost exorbitant amounts of money.
Yep, I agree. Amiibos are just toys, for toy collectors or for kids. NFC codes to use in certain games was implemented by Nintendo just as an incentive to get people to buy them, because they were afraid that they wouldn't sell as just toys. :rolleyes:

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone understand how this part works?

"Amiibos can be placed inside /emuiibo/amiibo// to be only used in that specific game. Amiibos outside those directories will be used on any game."

View attachment 175013

I want make some amiibos only work in zelda, some only work in mario odyssey, and goes on.. This 8-bit link was generated by emuGUIibo, but how make it work only with botw?

I used to amiiswap them, but now seems to be a good way to swap among specific amiibos when a specific game is runnig.

Last edited by almmiron,
Reactions: Zukov

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c