greenslumber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, after seeing my gf play ff3 ds, and some of the graphics in that, is it possible to emu playstation games on ds? or is that only in the realms of the psp? thb i suspect you cant but im just gonna shoot in the dark anyways.
thanks

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
N64 is already been discussed extensively and we all have come to the conclusion that the DS is too underpowered
Those people who suggested it were already getting their hopes up

AND YOUR ASKING ABOUT PS?!?!

thats not outrage or a flame btw, just suprise

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, after seeing my gf play ff3 ds, and some of the graphics in that, is it possible to emu playstation games on ds? or is that only in the realms of the psp? thb i suspect you cant but im just gonna shoot in the dark anyways.
thanks

*FLAME!*

Just because a game has good graphics, doesn't mean that it can emulate another system. Rule of thumb for emulation, is that the system you are using to emulate another must be much more powerful. Look at it this way; The NES is only a few MHz, yet we've almost achieved perfected emulation on a 2GHz machine.

PlayStation on the DS will not happen. And if it does, it'll go 1FPS, soundless, and play a Hello World demo. If you really want to play PSX on a handheld, play it on PSP.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks

*FLAME!*

Just because a game has good graphics, doesn't mean that it can emulate another system. Rule of thumb for emulation, is that the system you are using to emulate another must be much more powerful. Look at it this way; The NES is only a few MHz, yet we've almost achieved perfected emulation on a 2GHz machine.

PlayStation on the DS will not happen. And if it does, it'll go 1FPS, soundless, and play a Hello World demo. If you really want to play PSX on a handheld, play it on PSP.

Almost 7 X as powerful in fact.
wtf.gif
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.