Embed youtube rating to a website (HTML)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am about as far from a proper web developer as I can get and even further from anyone that ever messes around with the youtube API (other than forcing HTML5 embeds but that is a different matter) but https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol_ratings could well be what you are after. Their examples are somewhat XML heavy but looks to be done with standard post functions. Unless this is part of some security if your host does not offer PHP or some equivalent I would advise jumping ship. Edit- did not see webs.com... alas I have a bit of disposable income these days (or can write it off as a business expense) so hosting is not a problem but there are some nice deals out there (I think my toy hosting allowed me to buy a three year block for less than a heavy night out).

I can not help but think there is some potential for a nice bit of cross site scripting or at least info grab there but I will leave that for now.

D

Deleted_171835

https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol#Ratings

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if you are not wishing to spring for some hosting (do yourself a favour and get a domain at least) then looking at it I think would even take ISP hosting (although I guess you could always cname it if you get a domain or if you have a nice registrar a sort of frame based redirect) over webs. I have to ask though is there a reason you have not gone in for a blog of some form (many video channel people maintain one and with google starting to harmonise the services it has it is even better than ever)?

Equally there is such a thing as html doctypes (including XHTML 1.0 Transitional) and should have nothing happening on the sever end* (the extensions that you might be restricted to are not really an issue). We are very much leaving my web development comfort zone though.

*if their ad injection stuff does not work take it as yet another sign webs are not a good option.

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even if you are not wishing to spring for some hosting (do yourself a favour and get a domain at least) then looking at it I think would even take ISP hosting (although I guess you could always cname it if you get a domain or if you have a nice registrar a sort of frame based redirect) over webs. I have to ask though is there a reason you have not gone in for a blog of some form (many video channel people maintain one and with google starting to harmonise the services it has it is even better than ever)?

Equally there is such a thing as html doctypes (including XHTML 1.0 Transitional) and should have nothing happening on the sever end* (the extensions that you might be restricted to are not really an issue). We are very much leaving my web development comfort zone though.

*if their ad injection stuff does not work take it as yet another sign webs are not a good option.
I know that webs.com isn't the best hoster but: I have a second domain: http://www.flashcards.info.ms (a german website). The domain is free and it cuts the ads. That means: I have a free hoster with a free domain without advertising. I think that that's not as bad as everyone says who knows webs.com. And I use youtube for video hosting, mediafire for files and imageshack for pictures. I often make offline backups because I won't loose files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?