Email notifications from the forum- issues

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by FAST6191, Nov 29, 2011.

Nov 29, 2011
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Before the upgrade we had an email notification of private messages- if it has to go so be it but I did like it and where I might not be able/inclined to sign into the forum or something I will usually have emails to hand not to mention my email client drags new emails down and I get notified that way (if having a conversation by PM it saves pressing f5 or forgetting about it for a couple of hours).

Also I am subscribed to the DS hacking section for a weekly roundup (and had been for some time before the upgrade- indeed such a thing keyed me onto the upgrade early on) and weekly now seems to mean every two days. It is not a big issue for me but such things tend not to sit well with the big email providers (gmail, hotmail, aol, ISP stuff). This also arose with the upgrade and I will have to check but it might also be the case that the second server doubled it. Content wise it seems to be the two days since last email.

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Yes, I have also noticed this, even though I already changed my new settings for subscription notifications.

And even with the old system, it would stop giving me replies after 2 or 4 weeks.

3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

4. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Just an update- 1) must pay more attention to options as I somehow skipped over the PM one.

2) I deleted the email notifications and remade them on the new board- still getting them every two or three days (usually two)
    I guess it is related to the two servers- I have not checked them all but it does seem to alternate between coming from 23.245 and 30.127 although sometimes I might get two or three in a row from one IP before it swaps.
    I usually check anyway and only really use the subscription to help with searching.