Elvis (2022)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Looks like we'll be bombarded everywhere with Elvis' music soon... just like we were bombarded with Queen's couple years ago.

Anyway... will you be watching this?

I personally love Elvis Presley... but the actor's voice is failing to reach the lowest notes on the singing (judging by the trailer)
And I will watch this just so I can start nitpicking the movie.

Sidenote: Those girls came to see Elvis :creep:
One could say, they (women) went twice with the same ticket. :rolleyes:

Last edited by JuanMena,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting thing to go in for -- would have thought most people around for his heyday are rather closer to death than not (if indeed your music tastes form around 19 then even assuming they got in around 1973, about the last possible date, that would make them 68 today).

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.. I'm pretty sure i won't like his singing but, i wanna know what happens outside of that, and what message the movie is trying to deliver. I hope the story and events portrayed are not constructed to hit all the political bullet points, distorting the history too much.. it should be just a nice package with the right amount of things (not overblown)..

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Interesting thing to go in for -- would have thought most people around for his heyday are rather closer to death than not (if indeed your music tastes form around 19 then even assuming they got in around 1973, about the last possible date, that would make them 68 today).
You're saying Elvis has earned a niche status?
Long gone the times where his music was relevant. :mellow:
He's still popular to me. Specially since I grew up hearing old music.

Interesting.. I'm pretty sure i won't like his singing but, i wanna know what happens outside of that, and what message the movie is trying to deliver. I hope the story and events portrayed are not constructed to hit all the political bullet points, distorting the history too much.. it should be just a nice package with the right amount of things (not overblown)..
Yes, yes, curious about it too.
I'm wondering how they'll kill Elvis?
Some says it was a Peanut Butter sandwich, others it was drug overdose... heart attack also comes to mind, but we'll see.

On a personal note... I can't believe I make a better Elvis impression than these actors.
I'm thinking the voice will get digitally edited to suit/reach Elvis' baritone. Personally, it's not that hard for me :mellow:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're saying Elvis has earned a niche status?
Long gone the times where his music was relevant. :mellow:
He's still popular to me. Specially since I grew up hearing old music.
There will be exceptions and I think he is still one of the top grossing dead artists, and may even squeak into being timeless outside of las vegas, but yeah I figure there is a reason most such films dried up around 2005 at latest.

Also forgot last time. Might as well make some suggestions for things inspired by him as there are some oddities that are actually worth looking at if the sorts of things we normally discuss in this section are anything to go by.
You have the obvious of Bubba Ho Tep

Lonely Street seems to have faded into obscurity which is a bit of a pity as there is something to it

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There will be exceptions and I think he is still one of the top grossing dead artists, and may even squeak into being timeless outside of las vegas, but yeah I figure there is a reason most such films dried up around 2005 at latest.

Also forgot last time. Might as well make some suggestions for things inspired by him as there are some oddities that are actually worth looking at if the sorts of things we normally discuss in this section are anything to go by.
You have the obvious of Bubba Ho Tep

Lonely Street seems to have faded into obscurity which is a bit of a pity as there is something to it

OMG Elvis is in Niche status!

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how they'll kill Elvis?
Some says it was a Peanut Butter sandwich, others it was drug overdose... heart attack also comes to mind, but we'll see.
Yea, that.. Prolly a heart failure/ attack..
On a personal note... I can't believe I make a better Elvis impression than these actors.
I'm thinking the voice will get digitally edited to suit/reach Elvis' baritone. Personally, it's not that hard for me :mellow:
He was more of a tenor in his early years (50's), until his comeback in the late 60's then he changed into a more baritone sound/style..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1