elp getting Save back onto EZIIPS - Phoenix Wright

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by isthar, Jul 6, 2006.

1. isthar
    OP

Newcomer isthar Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Can anyone clue me in to ideas?

I was playing Phoenix Wright. It was on an EZII Power Star 1Gbit, alongside new super mario. It was the first rom in the list iirc. I had a save game w/ the fourth trial freshly unlocked. I used the BAK SAVER function and my last file was the one I'm attaching to this message.

Note that I burnt the roms with ez client 3.26 with no changes to any default setting (for the game) other than adding a Chinese Name. I had only one option: USE NDS LOADER.

Every .sav file I got out of phoenix (and nsmb for that matter) is 32KB.

I managed to find a 128KB file on the internet for the US version (my rom was the Euro version)...

Now, the thing is, I just can't get Phoenix to take my save! It always says CORRUPT when it tries. NSMB has no problems reloading my saves even after erasing and readding roms - I loaded the last .sav I had for NSMB and it worked fine. But Phoenix, always says corrupt:

I tried my .sav on the euro rom; the rom by itself, the rom w/out nds loader..
    I tried the US rom against the 128k save file, and against that 128k file but cut to the first 32768 bytes.

No go!

What can I do?

I really just want to keep playing the 4th, and then the 5th trial, obviously - can anyone help?

2. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

Featured Posts:
    New Zealand
    It's because, when you play NDS games on flashcarts, they ignore the saver setting that you write them with. So when you go to back it up it still thinks it's a 32KB save when it's really 128KB. If you game is still on the cart however, you should be able to change the size and get back the full file with the EZ-Writer - but I assume since you're trying to restore the save it's a little too late for that. All you can do is try and find a save file on the net or from someone else.

Don't worry, I did the same thing with NSMB [​IMG]

3. isthar
    OP

Newcomer isthar Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Hey, thanks for the info - so you're saying that the write saver size option is used, amongst other things, for when ez client is also READING the save, and since I used 32K (say instaed of some other larger number) when I read it, I didn't read the entire save. Good stuff to know, thanks.

I was actually able to score someone's DS cart that had eps 4 and 5 open, so thankfully now I proceed that way, phew!

[​IMG] [​IMG]