Elmo a Pedo..?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by chavosaur, Nov 20, 2012.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]
    The voice of Elmo, Kevin Clash, whom Most of us have seen on screen and cherished since our childhood days, has resigned from his place amid sexual allegations of abusing underage boys.​
    Amid the allegations, Clash Had this to say.​

In my personal Opinion? I say Bull. I watched the Guy's documentary, I met the guy when I was about 8 years old, and I say absolute crap. Maybe i'm being Bull headed, But I can't see the guy doing something like this. Heres to hoping the allegation is false, and an Iconic voice can emerge from this unscathed.

2. Latiken

Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

Jul 7, 2011
    United States
    Tennessee
    I've heard of Elmo, but I've never actually seen an episode.

3. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
  4. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    I saw an article about this on my phone, but it was a few days ago remarking about how one of the accusers recanted. It's disgusting that people do this for a payout instead of going to actual court to make real criminals face real justice. I don't know what state this is all happening in but I know that in some states there's no statute of limitations on child sex abuse (what is different between most states is the cutoff age where a statute of limitations comes into play).

chavosaur likes this.
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Unknown
    They recently debunked this.

6. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    No they didnt, they just had another accuser come out. The withdrew the FIRST accusation.

7. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Despite this, he still resigned because of the negative attention it drew to Sesame Street. He did not want to poison the show by association, it's such a shame but in the circumstances I think he made the right decision even if he is completely innocent. I wish he could sue for defamation without continuing to draw negative attention to the Elmo brand :/

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Do I make the easy "Tickle Me Elmo" joke, or do I let it slide out of good taste?

Man, life is full of hard choices.

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Here I was expecting an EoF thread with something like "Elmo's been around since 1972 so he's technically a pedo".

On a more serious note, is the guy gay? Idunno' if that'd be a hint one way or the other about whether the accuser's story adds up.

10. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Yes, he is actually Homosexual. Claimed so after the divorce with his wife.

Has anyone here ever watched the Documentary? Its on netflix, its actually worth a look. I enjoyed it.

11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    On one hand, I feel horrible for the guy if the allegations are false.

But if they're not (which it seems to be shaping up to be) I can't say I feel bad.

I just feel bad that Sesame Street has had its good name tarnished. It's a great institution and it shouldn't be subject to such flak.

chavosaur and Gahars like this.