Elminage 2 translation problems; won't show up in-game

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Julio Sotomayor, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Julio Sotomayor
    OP

Julio Sotomayor Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    HEADER: Before anything else, as a show of good faith here is a picture of some... uhhhhh let's call it "work" I've done on Elminage 2 for NDS:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Now the real point of this: Please, I beg of you generous people: I know this is a PSP question but that forum is 100% dead. PLEASE watch the video included. What is going on / the question itself is that when I translate elminage 1 on psp it doesn't reflect, i.e. what i modified, in PPSSP. however when i do the EXACT SAME THING to the EXACT SAME FILE in elminage 2 it does NOT and never has so far been reflected in-game. The procedure is exactly the same for both games, and they use the same files (most elminage 2 files are hold overs from the 1st game)-- i beg you guys once again PLEEEASE at least watch. I can only dream for a day in which a program like Tinke is produced for PSP... i'm also working on this game for NDS btw, i'm just trying to decide which version to translate first.

Video #1: shows me "translating" the Longsword item by hex-editing the ETC.BIN it's in then firing up PPSSPP to check.

Video #2: shows me doing the _exact same steps_ and translating the _same item_ then firing up PPSSPP and it STILL won't to this day show the in-game change.

2. Julio Sotomayor
    OP

Julio Sotomayor Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    btw in the NDS version it is as easy as firing up Tinke extracting ITEMCSV.CSV file changing it to Longsword inside Libre/Excel putting it back into the NDS rom in Tinke and clicking on Create ROM.

GOD i wish the psp community had such a tool! and let's not even mention how amazing CT2 is... i'm going to (attempt and do my very best!) to translate as many Wizardry-like dungeon crawlers on NDS that I can :)

that's my promise to the forum. So far i'm looking at Wizardry Asterisk, Wizardry - Wedge of Life, and if anyone knows of any other obscure japanese NDS Wizardry-style dungeon romps by all means let me know so i can check 'em out. If they look "accessible" enough i'll translate 'em!!! My goal is to translate as many Wizardry-clone games as I possible can.

I've helped translate Wizardry Empire 2 - Legacy of the Princess for Windows PC and am now almost 80% done translating its prequel Wizardry Empire 1 - Ancient Princess all by myself (and the same dude who translated the script for the 2nd game).

I mostly want to git gud with PSP because the third and final entry in the Wiz-Empire series is on ps2 and on psp. I've never worked on Ps2 games (but i have on ps1 games) and it all comes down to which version will give me less troubles. I'd rather translate wiz-empire 3 on psp tho cos it has 1 extra dungeon :D

You can get wiz-empire 2 for Windows PC by googling the words "iso" followed by "zone", or if you want you can also order it on amazon.jp for 220 dollars. your choice either one is fine with me!

same deal with wiz-empire 1 as soon as i'm finished.

Last edited by Julio Sotomayor, Apr 1, 2016