elite?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by euanadixon, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

elite? by euanadixon at 7:53 PM (612 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. euanadixon
    OP

Newcomer euanadixon Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Well i just got the infamous red rings of death for the THIRD TIME and i might be out of warranty which sucks. what do you guys think i should do get this one replaced or get an elite? i heard that the core/arcade/premium consoles are being phased out anyway and that the elites don't die as much.
    either way i want my console to last more than a year this time [​IMG] suggestions?

2. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'd get a new arcade. They're only $200 and chances are you'll get a Jaspar motherboard, which is the newest motherboard and also the most likely to not get RROD. Plus, you can just use your old hard drive on the new 360 and you're good to go.

3. euanadixon
    OP

Newcomer euanadixon Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah i suppose thats a good alternative *sigh* i just wish microsoft's customer service wasn't so shitty i mean put it this way my mobile phone and my box both broke on the same day (saturday), my phone is being replaced free off charge via courier tomorrow and microsoft still haven't given me a proper response

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

As your in the UK your covered by the SALE OF GOODS ACT!

Tell them you know your LEGAL rights and its an INHERENT PROBLEM! If This is the THIRD time now... it proves a point!

You should be covered by the SALE OF GOODS ACT for up to 6 years after the purchase by LAW!

I would argue this case very strongly and point the goods act out (read up on it to make sure you can quote parts of it) to them..

Unfortunately ..JASPER chipsets are not the ultimate resolve for this RROD issue... its been known to happen in those units too!

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the elites will die just the same as regular xbox, they are no different
    besides a different color, and bigger HDD