ROM Hack Elite Beat Ouendan

NFreakHL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a lot of DS rom hacks out there, so I decided to start.

This is a simple one. I'm basically just turning Elite beat Agents into Ouendan (not Ouendan 2). I already changed the Spinner, all the Hit/Roll Markers, the Score numbers, and SOME of the options menu (pausing while playing. Doesn't work in Replays).

I need some help from anyone here who can. I need someone to locate the following files (extract the rom, I personally use DSLazy) and instructions.

- Character models. The most important piece that I just can't find.

- Changing the main title screen.

- Changing the DS icon (the little icon that appears next to the game's name when you're about to start it; picture Manual Mode on the DS itself). The text, too. This is minor.

- The "skip" arrow and the "bonus" counter (spin markers) have slight graphical glitches.

- Maybe add a new song of my own?

Help pwease. I got most of it covered, but those parts are my weak points.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
- Changing the DS icon (the little icon that appears next to the game's name when you're about to start it; picture Manual Mode on the DS itself). The text, too. This is minor.

Try the editor RomeR. It's the only way to do it with a GUI that I know of (more of an ndstool guy myself)

NFreakHL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NFreakHL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, guys. That thing's pretty useful. I'll get around to making an icon when I'm done.

One problem down, a few to go.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
instead of making elite beat agents into like ouendan would it be possible to put other things from say.. other games in it too? just wondering, it'll be more interesting lol
hmm i think someone started a homebrew Ouendan, havent heard about it in a longg time though

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last release of Custom Ouendan was back in July I believe.

Supposedly just a few weeks ago he contacted someone to help him with the project.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not a lot of DS rom hacks out there, so I decided to start.

This is a simple one. I'm basically just turning Elite beat Agents into Ouendan (not Ouendan 2). I already changed the Spinner, all the Hit/Roll Markers, the Score numbers, and SOME of the options menu (pausing while playing. Doesn't work in Replays).

I need some help from anyone here who can. I need someone to locate the following files (extract the rom, I personally use DSLazy) and instructions.

- Character models. The most important piece that I just can't find.

- Changing the main title screen.

- The "skip" arrow and the "bonus" counter (spin markers) have slight graphical glitches.

- Maybe add a new song of my own?

Help pwease. I got most of it covered, but those parts are my weak points.
Sounds pretty cool to me, looking forward to it
biggrin.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any chances of a screenshot of what it could look like?

Is it really as simple as swapping files? I always thought that in Ouendan 2, they could've used the soundbites from EBA but could it only be done if there was already soundbites in the rom that the developers didn't use in the end or is it extracting the sound from one rom and transfering it?

NFreakHL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I found the main files I need; the characters.

Data->Data->3D->mdl

They're more than likely in the "mdl" folder. But... I can't make out heads or tails of those. I tried moving everything, and it killed the rom (good thing I had a back-up).

Can someone unpack Ouendan 2 for me and find the character files? I think they're in that folder, but I'm really lost there.

(Just a notice, I'm using the Ouendan 2 Red Team character models from that instead of the Ouendan 1 models, maybe with the Blue leader for Kahn replacement; better quality graphics).

I can't make a mock-up since I suck with 3D graphic editing, but I can probably get a screen of the current version. Hell, I'll make a video for my YouTube channel.

@Harsky - The only sounds I need to transfer are the Hit/Spin/Roll marker effects, and the Ouendan voices. I'm pretty sure a simple drag-and-drop will work.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait. You mean to say that it's a simple case of just swapping files to get it working?Any chances of you telling me what files you swapped so far to get to where you are so far?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get what you are doing: a Ouendan with american songs? °°
Isn't easier to just change songs/stories in Ouendan instead of changing everything else in EBA?
I'm sure he was trying to insert Ouendan characters into the EBA game so you play as them kinda like the way there was an unlockable extra in Ouendan 2 where you could play as the agents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls