Elite Beat Agents Clone

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tenentenen, Aug 8, 2008.

Aug 8, 2008

Elite Beat Agents Clone by tenentenen at 2:39 AM (1,625 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. tenentenen
    OP

Member tenentenen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Quedan, or its USA ounterpart, Elite Beat Agents is a Great RBG and is Loved by many. While Elite Beats and both quedan games are fun and forever playable, the songs get old after a while. I am aware that there is a custom quedan called OSU! out for c that lets you create/download custom Songs, which is great. But...............

It is hard and clumsy to play with a mouse and it hardly feels like the original. People say it plays well with a tablet laptop but, a computer of that caliber is expensive and it is not as practical to play as the originals.

I have no Coding knowledge but I think many people would be very happy(including me!!) if someone would take up a project like this. If it is a port of osu! onto the NDS (if possible) great. but if it comes to it a full-on remake of the game with custom song capability. Or if it easier to hac the rom itself to get custom songs then I will move it to the rom hacking forums if it comes to it.

I can help with graphics, sprites, ideas and anything else that needs helping....to some extent..... as long as i am capable of doing so.

Any replies, Ideas, Help, Supporters, Coders, anything would be appreciated!!!!! [​IMG]

2. thejellydude

Member thejellydude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just saying, the game is called "Ouendan", with an O, not a Q. If I recall correctly, someone did start a homebrew version of the game, although I don't know how far it got. Try looking into that first.

3. tenentenen
    OP

United States
    From What I have Gathered The Project Was Dropped About a Year Ago while in Beta. No "Custom" about it only 1 song

4. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I remember seeing a freeware Osu clone before... I'm not sure if the source is available, though.

-edit-
    Found it! http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php

5. Loginer

Newcomer Loginer Advanced Member

Sweden
    There are two DS versions of osu! currently in development. Let's just hope one of them gets to the finish line.

6. tenentenen
    OP

United States
    That is the one I mentioned Earlier..........