Gaming Elit or Freespace type-of-game

Slipurson

OP
Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
As the Title say, are there are Elite/Freespace type of games for the DS, where you fight, fly, trade etc etc for the DS (or maybe the GBA) ?

Did a search on the forum and didnt really find anything about this, but there must be someone else that would enjoy a game like this
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA had elite ported (same guy now does bungaloo on the DS):
http://www.geocities.com/quirky_2k1/index.html

Also can I suggest the PC version of Frontier: First encounters it is the closest thing I have found to a modern Elite (X3 is not worth my contempt as far as I am concerned)
A version for newer PCs by Nic (one of the main people behind some of the xvid stuff):
http://nic.dnsalias.com/FFE.html

Also on the GBA is sea trader: rise of taipan which you might also want to have a go at.

DS wise there was a startrek game but it was not brilliant otherwise you are out of luck.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA also had a Wing Commander game. That's pretty close to Freespace in terms of gameplay.

For DS......about the closest you can get to a Freespace-like game at this point:

Starfox
Time Ace
Jet Impulse (J)
DScent (homebrew) You know, as in Descent Freespace?
wink.gif

As for a game like Elite on DS......I can't think of any.....maybe a homebrew somewhere.....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
This is great! Elite is one of my all time favourite games, now I can play it again. Which is the better port, the AGB or TNK version?

Also, it says that you need to add a header to it, can someone explain the easiest way to do it? It says to use the software from your flashcard but I use a 3-in-1 so that option's not available to me.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem. Any way to restore the post?

Anyway...the Commodore 64 version of Elite can apparently be run on the NDS using the Frodo C-64 emulator. Do a search and you'll find information about it.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?