ELF, WAD, VC, what?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nloding, Apr 20, 2008.

Apr 20, 2008

ELF, WAD, VC, what? by nloding at 3:36 AM (3,446 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. nloding
    OP

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I've not been on this site for WEEKS -- apparently that's been WAY TOO LONG.

So I can run a hacked VC game on my Wii if I had a WAD packer, but none are (or possible will be) released. What?

And what's an ELF file? I thought the last Wii updated killed those things ...

Bah! I'm out of the loop! And yes, I've been reading threads and Googling this, just not up to speed yet. Thanks flamers.

2. mb01

Member mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes, you can run a hacked VC game IF you had a WAD packer. WAD installer has just been released but no WAD packer.

ELF file is the format used to run any homebrew in Wii mode. No update has killed the use of these.

3. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Uh, don't you mean that you ned a WAD packer to install homebrew? Because, I'm sure that virtual console games are released in the WAD format.

4. MCorbet

Newcomer MCorbet Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Youre right about that. The first VC release was a raw dump. Now the release group Blaze has an internal WAD Packer and is releasing VC games in WAd format.

V2 of the WAd installer is just released bij waniko or something like that.

5. mb01

Member mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah i know that man. I was stating more for using ANY hacked VC game, not just the ones that were released about an hour AFTER i wrote this. So technically there weren't any VC games even released as WADS when i wrote this.