blu9987

OP
Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
What I want to do: I have the sega genesis with wii remote support elf file (I couldnt find it in dol form) and want to make it in to my own channel. I've tried searching a bit but I cant quite seem to find an answer.

HOW (IF Possible) Can I accurately make a elf file -> DOL
or
Inject and ELF in to a wad instead of DOL

Sorry if I over-looked a post, I did try searching and found DOLtool0.3, but it gave me a corrupt error when installing a channel I made after using it.

zeckyD

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
You can search for an aplication call Doltool. It can change .elf in .dol and .dol in .elf.
I hope it will help u
hate2.gif

Oh shit u already try this, so, good luck my friend ....

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
blu9987, you can "extract" a dol inside an elf by using an hexa editor :

from the beginning of the file, scroll down until you find a pattern like this (you can see that any dol file starts with this particular pattern):

for example, in Wii Homebrew launcher (elf), you can see that the dol begins at $10000 :

Now for the end of the dol, search for the string " GNU c" (00 47 4E 55 20 43), and remove everything from this point to the end. In this case, we need to remove everything from $1C4480 to the end

Save, you have a clean extracted dol, ready to be used with wadtool or any other wad packer.
you can also compare it with the dol "made" with doltool to see if it's the same or not.

This works great with Wii Homebrew Launcher (only in elf format), which I use to make a channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn