Elf to DOL and/or Wad?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blu9987, May 3, 2008.

May 3, 2008

Elf to DOL and/or Wad? by blu9987 at 12:33 AM (6,431 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. blu9987
    OP

Member blu9987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What I want to do: I have the sega genesis with wii remote support elf file (I couldnt find it in dol form) and want to make it in to my own channel. I've tried searching a bit but I cant quite seem to find an answer.

HOW (IF Possible) Can I accurately make a elf file -> DOL
    or
    Inject and ELF in to a wad instead of DOL

Sorry if I over-looked a post, I did try searching and found DOLtool0.3, but it gave me a corrupt error when installing a channel I made after using it.

2. zeckyD

Member zeckyD GBAtemp Regular

Bahamas, The
    You can search for an aplication call Doltool. It can change .elf in .dol and .dol in .elf.
    I hope it will help u [​IMG]

Oh shit u already try this, so, good luck my friend ....

3. blu9987
    OP

United States
    I just tried again using DOLtool3 and It gets "Error Loading DOL -1" when I click start on the channel....

4. Badablek

Member Badablek GBAtemp Regular

France
    blu9987, you can "extract" a dol inside an elf by using an hexa editor :

from the beginning of the file, scroll down until you find a pattern like this (you can see that any dol file starts with this particular pattern):
    [​IMG]

for example, in Wii Homebrew launcher (elf), you can see that the dol begins at $10000 :
    [​IMG]

Now for the end of the dol, search for the string " GNU c" (00 47 4E 55 20 43), and remove everything from this point to the end. In this case, we need to remove everything from $1C4480 to the end
    [​IMG]

Save, you have a clean extracted dol, ready to be used with wadtool or any other wad packer.
    you can also compare it with the dol "made" with doltool to see if it's the same or not.

This works great with Wii Homebrew Launcher (only in elf format), which I use to make a channel

5. blu9987
    OP

United States
    ty for this!