"Elementary", the new Sherlock Holmes series on CBS

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Um, I liked the BBC version of Sherlock holmes, but this is about the 3rd adaption of SH within 4 years, having included the movies. I'm starting to think everybody's going to make his own version now. What's next, Sherlock the timedetective in a crossover with Dr. Who?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sherlock the timedetective in a crossover with Dr. Who?

ROOhh.jpg

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I liked the BBC version of Sherlock holmes, but this is about the 3rd adaption of SH within 4 years, having included the movies. I'm starting to think everybody's going to make his own version now. What's next, Sherlock the timedetective in a crossover with Dr. Who?

sherlock-holmes02.jpg

Sherlock Holmes fights dinosaurs. Your complaints are invalid.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got in an argument the other day about whether Sherlock ever said, 'Elementary, my dear Watson." :rofl:

He didn't. :ninja Don't know how the cliche got started that the word is associated with Sherlock Holmes. :unsure:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/signature/elementary.asp

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not needed.

Just show the current BBC series and that that's all, sure we only get three episodes every 18 or so months but at least the series aren't cluttered with filler episodes. The US networks need to stop making variations of our shows/characters, very rarely do they work out and when they do they go on for too long. I know they do it so they'll make more (Game of Thrones has proved accents are an issues) but they're wasting their time because most are cancelled quickly.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess im in the minority, im actually looking forward to this. ive never seen the bbc version and if i get a chance to on bbc america ill give it go.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, season finale oot, time to bump this shit. Opinions?

Sherlock, I am your father.

Anywhoo.
I think the episode should have ended at the reveal. Either that or the reveal should have happened a few episodes back. Instead they sped through the entire endgame and wrapped everything up in half an hour. In the words of "She", it was okay, but a little short. I am jonesin' for more cat and mouse.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't really think it was necessary, but overall it was actually pretty decent. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to the next season of this over the third series of Sherlock, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr