ROM Hack Electronic Manuals for CIAs

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have at least three cia games installed on my 3DS, but they don't have manuals.

Anyway to add these to the files?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have at least three cia games installed on my 3DS, but they don't have manuals.

Anyway to add these to the files?

@Johnny2071 Don't let that guy get to you. Not that many people know how to inject & rebuild e-manuals into custom or hacked CIA as it's not something trivial to do like those Virtual Console injector. You're not the first to ask this question, and there are many more people out there who would like to know about this subject as well. Get ready to put some elbow grease and jumping through hoops to do this.

I can only give you a general step-by-step instructions and nothing detailed as I too am figuring how to do this. Be ready to do some self research and reading filling in the holes.

Step 1: Decrypt your CIA games with GodMode9 if they aren't already decrypted. For GM9, go to CIA image options... > Decrypt file (...).

Step 2: Use ctrtool on desktop or GodMode9 to break down and extract the CIAs into their components. On GM9 for a single CIA file, go to CIA image options... > Mount image to drive. This brings you into [G:] CIA GAME IMAGE. Highlight select everything in yellow by holding the L-should button. Click on one of the '.app' or '.bin' file and select Copy to 0:/gm9/out. This will spit out all the files contained within your CIA at the gm9/out folder on your 3DS SD card.

To obtain and do this instead with ctrtool, please download the program and follow the the steps at the following websites (google them):
@ github ... /profi200/Project_CTR/releases
@ github ... /ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki/Extract-a-game-or-application-in-.cia-format

Step 3: With the individual files at hand, you're going to want to create the missing e-manual file. This is usually located in its own folder/directory separate from the game ROM folder and files. The e-manual structure will look something like this:

0001.0000000# - The e-manual's main directory. The # denotes an arbitrary number for that specific game (ie. # = 1, 2, 3, etc.).
˪ romfs - The directory where your e-manual is located within.
| ˪ Manual.bcma - The actual e-manual of interest. Create this from scratch or use another game's manual as template.
˪ ncch.bin - ??? I'm not sure what this file is.
˪ romfs.bin - ??? I'm not sure what this file is.

To learn more in detail how to decrypt and edit the Manual.bcma using the program DarcTool, please refer to this thread: e-manual editing

Step 4: Recompile/rebuild the CIA with the now added e-manual using the program makerom, found alongside ctrtool in the github release of Project_CTR listed in Step 2.

Good luck!

Edit : Fixing some grammatical spelling errors within the above text. Also again, do note that I do not exactly know how this all works (currently stuck at step 3, never tried step 4 yet).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Ryccardo

MrPeadar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@TurdPooCharger the link for DarcTool3DS has been removed and it is not availble on Web Archive, I was wondering if you could send me the .ZIP file if you have it or reply to this with a link or the .ZIP file. I have been searching for the DarcTool3DS for more than an hour now it would be great if you could help!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TurdPooCharger the link for DarcTool3DS has been removed and it is not availble on Web Archive, I was wondering if you could send me the .ZIP file if you have it or reply to this with a link or the .ZIP file. I have been searching for the DarcTool3DS for more than an hour now it would be great if you could help!

Ummmm. A perfectly working link came up for the VERY FIRST RESULT in a Google search. And guess what? The link is on gbatemp, right on the very first post of the DarcTool3DS release thread. I don't believe whatsoever that you tried looking for an hour. Like I said, VERY FIRST RESULT on a Google search. C'mon.

MrPeadar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ummmm. A perfectly working link came up for the VERY FIRST RESULT in a Google search. And guess what? The link is on gbatemp, right on the very first post of the DarcTool3DS release thread. I don't believe whatsoever that you tried looking for an hour. Like I said, VERY FIRST RESULT on a Google search. C'mon.
All Links in the First link on Google are dead, 2nd Link is a Scam, so is all the other ones, I can see from your profile that your in the U.S but i'm from Ireland and google has slightly different results in different countries so yeah

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Links in the First link on Google are dead, 2nd Link is a Scam, so is all the other ones, I can see from your profile that your in the U.S but i'm from Ireland and google has slightly different results in different countries so yeah

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I tried a Google search using an Ireland VPN. Same results. Very first result is the Gbatemp topic and the Zippyshare link there works perfectly fine, also using an Ireland VPN. If you have this much trouble with getting this app, I suggest you don't attempt to do what you want to do. ;)

MrPeadar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Gabháil scáileáin (46).png this appears when I go to the link

EDIT: whoops, put on a USA vpn and it worked (p.s: i'm from Northern Ireland/North of Ireland so thats probabaly why, our internet is a lil bit different in the north)

Attachments

• Gabháil scáileáin (47).png
    Gabháil scáileáin (47).png
    409.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by MrPeadar,
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)