1. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom

Nice going, some advice from some sparkies I know
    a) get a car (unless you have tools on site in which case a motorbike could do), it makes you eminently more employable.
    b) be prepared to work long arduous hours during the first year or so and try not to piss off your boss: first year employees are common enough, trained ones however are not so common.

2. gamermole

OP gamermole Banned
    Banned

i havent even got a licence yet lol. but ive been told by everyone that driving would be essential. never really neede a car but now i suppose i will

3. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'd love to do something like this and actually learn a trade thats useful.

Im 25 now so too old but I'd love to go back to 17 or 18, knowing what I know now and have another go at it. [​IMG]

Good luck man. Work hard and in 4 years time (which will fly by) you'll be earning twice as much as me [​IMG]

4. gamermole

OP gamermole Banned
    Banned

too old your never too old. im 20. ive done the typical teenage thing of getting a deadend job and then realising, now i want to better my career. i was talking to a woman where i work now and she says her husbands just started going to college to learn to be an electrician. hes 30+

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - apprenticeship, Electrician,