Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
obps3_logo.jpg

I've been playing this one a bit (2, 3 hours) and so far I like it. While I was familiar with the Elder Scrolls games, this is the first time I play seriously (so far).
I love the liberty the games give you, specially this one, while a little scary (freedom, horrible freedom!) I think it's just plain fun to to hacking goblins around.
Has anyone actually finished this one out?

BTW There was announced a port for PSP: Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion, but I think it got canceled =(

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've played 80 hours, beat the main quest and become leaders of all the factions, as well as beat Shivering Isles - have you updated to the newest version? Qarl's texture mod is great.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fischju said:
I've played 80 hours, beat the main quest and become leaders of all the factions, as well as beat Shivering Isles - have you updated to the newest version? Qarl's texture mod is great.
I don't think I can, playing the PS3 version ATM.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, how does that look? I never heard much news about it or comparisons

I suggest you do the Mage Guild quest right away, becoming the Arch Mage gets you a lot of bonuses (the ability to enchant your own items and make your own spells)

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fischju said:
Looks great, but I guess not as good as a really high end PC, much less with that mod you mention.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea. Altought, I do find the game a tad slow at some points, I mean is not that I want all ACTION, ACTION, ACTION, but I don't know, feels tedious on some parts like talking to people.

Jarjaxle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i love this game got really far in the pc version then had to quit due to my pc crashing. bought the 360 version because i got tired of pc gaming and i enjoyed it still need to beat it though because mostly when i got it im just screwing around and randomly exploring. definetly a game in my top 10

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As soon as I was arch mage, I made a spell that made people have 100% disposition towards me for 3 seconds on touch, so I could just use it and get what I wanted fast

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I liked Morrowind better over this one. Oblivion may have better graphics, but I feel that Morrowind had a better story and feel to it.

Jarjaxle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
morrowind was good but i could never get into it really because of the combat but im probaly going to give it another chance soon

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:

I suggest you do the Mage Guild quest right away, becoming the Arch Mage gets you a lot of bonuses (the ability to enchant your own items and make your own spells)
theives guild and then dark brother hood should be done first
the gray cowl will prevent you from getting in trouble with the guards from dark brother hood missions and also will protect you because some missions you have to kill mages and you will be kicked out of the mages guild if you do it

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
fischju said:

theives guild and then dark brother hood should be done first
the gray cowl will prevent you from getting in trouble with the guards from dark brother hood missions and also will protect you because some missions you have to kill mages and you will be kicked out of the mages guild if you do it

I did mage guild first and didn't get kicked out for Dark Brotherhood, you can make your own spell that will make you invisible if you are the Arch Mage. You could also enchant your armour with chameleon. (I added 10% shield to all of my armour, the max is 80%)

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have beat every bit of the game.
Hey V-Voltz there is a way to duplicate items in that game by hundreds.
When I was last playing it in March it would work.Do'nt know if any update got rid of it.
Wanna know how.

Edit:Wait....I don't know if it works with the PS3 version since I have a 360

Edit:If you do the DarkBrotherhood and the guys gives you a knife.Store it because at the last of the DarkBrotherhood missions the power of that knife is amazingly powerful.

Also to get into the DarkBrotherHood kill someone innocent and sleep.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I had a 80+ hours game on the 360 and almost two games as long on my PC!
One of my favourite games ever
smile.gif
I loved the 360 version so much because it's certainly the most beautiful.
Py PC has kinda low specs... and I don't like gaming on PC... but I still did play the PC version because of all the mods
smile.gif

Just toying with the thousands of available mods was wonderful. I love the high-customization mods such as musics replacement, new races, new weapons, etc. You can make a whole new game!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Finished on 360 with over 400 save files (took me nearly an hour to delete them all) and 180hrs+ game time. Finished all main story quests, factions, side quests and expansions. Got 1230/1250 achievements (damn you 20 points from Shivering Isles!!! Think it's glitched!).

I found the easiest way is to save just before character creation at the start, and make a guy specific for each faction.. Easy!

If you need any help or get stuck PM me I know the game inside out. Some crazy mods for PC version but also on 360 version theres been a lot of progress.
Fancy an undead army? Check. Want a clone of yourself? Check:
Oblivion Tips & Tricks

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eternal Myst said:
Prime said:
I had this for the 360, i didn't really like it and after watching Yahtzee's review i sold it.
It's a really good game.Other reviews gave it a 8,9 don't trust random sites.lol

It isn't a random site Eternal Myst. I'm been watching Yahtzee's reviews since his first one. It might be random to you, but not to me. Yathzee's reviews are very good and why should i not trust him?

It summed up all my feelings about the game. I didn't just sell it after Yahtzee's review, i sold it to due to my feelings for the game. i know some reviews gave it a 8 or 9, everyone has different thoughts on stuff, just because a reviewer liked it doesn't mean i like it, we all don't share the same likes and dislikes

Read the first part of my post again before replying with useless trash.

QUOTE(Prime @ Jun 12 2008, 11:04 AM)
i didn't really like it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: As He himself even stated.