DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Always said this to everyone that plays Elder Scrolls.

But now that I own Skyrim... not too sure how it can work but it should be amazing imho.

I mean, DC made a MMO and Elder Scrolls has some MMO elements to it so I don't see it failing in that department.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
But on topic, an Elder Scrolls MMO would be awesome.
Why?

There would be more people on here complaining about being FUS RO DAH'd by a 100% invisible player than there would be people complaining there aren't enough players to FUS RO DAH while hiding under 100% invisibility.
Hehe. Obviously, an MMO wouldn't work with how the current games play but they could easily tweak it so that it wont be so broken. An MMO set in a universe as big as the ES's has lots of potential. Plus, who wouldn't want to roam around Nirn with a few buddies fighting dragons and wolves and all sorts of things? It's a bit of a gamble though. Maybe Bethesda should go with some sort of MULTIPLAYER in the next ES game while they iron out the mechanics for this one.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they are just going to add a multiplayer option similar to fable 3's? Where you can drop in and out of each other's game but only the owner's kills/choices are permit?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they are just going to add a multiplayer option similar to fable 3's? Where you can drop in and out of each other's game but only the owner's kills/choices are permit?

I have a feeling that they'd design the quests to be a lot more linear. I mean people are satisfy and enjoy MMOs with your typical "go here, do this, kill that" quests, they don't really want or need quest designs that branch off. Not to mention playing through a quest with a friend only to have your friend choose what you wouldn't really defeats the purpose of a branching design or the inclusion of choice as a factor.

They'd probably focus on the more expansive open world aspect of Elder Scrolls more than their dialogue and branching designs.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
-read this-
gallery_202697_985_1895.png

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.