• Yes, and I prefer it over Oblivion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I still play Obliion a lot, too

• No, it sucks, Oblivion is way better than Morrowind

• No, but I did like it at one point

• What the hell is Morrowind / Oblivion?

• Total voters

Waddle Dee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently got Edler Scrolls III: GOTY Edition, and I was wondering, who else still plays this? I only have the original Xbox, but even with oblivion's better tech and less glitches, I still think Morrowind is better than oblivion because of the Size -- It takes twice the time to complete Morrowind GOTY Edition than Oblivion....

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, but Morrowind was boring. Plus, it was the first proper open world game I played, and I couldn't really understand the concept of finding my own missions. I was just a bit lost, and ended up wondering around killing people. Gave up after that :/.
While you could say Oblivion is the same, it's got a little more direction to it, and thankfully more interesting missions.

Meh, I guess the vastness and amount of choice in the game was cool, but everything else suffered because of it, the gameplay was pretty boring IMO.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sure Morrowind's bigger, but I also think that oblivion has more fun missions... also, I like the environment better in oblivion...
oblivion gates -> rocky...
forests, snowy mountains.... cities, harbor, beaches...

morrowind had rock... and rock.. mountain... and some grass patches...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the only thing that put me off playing that game was the horrendous graphics, i decided to have to play it after enjoying oblivion on the ps3 and was quite shocked by how bad it was
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I liked it, in many ways more than Oblivion. I could not stand the "random hit" concept though; many years of hard won FPS reflexes worthless despite appearances, the same idea in the likes of might and magic works a bit for me though.

I will however say get the PC version, there are an incredible amount of mods available.

Waddle Dee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
the only thing that put me off playing that game was the horrendous graphics, i decided to have to play it after enjoying oblivion on the ps3 and was quite shocked by how bad it was
frown.gif

Y'know, not to be offensive, but you sound like every freaking person I tend to hate. Who CARES about graphics? I play the original Donkey kong, and multiple N64 games.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Nov 16 2008, 05:50 PM) I liked it, in many ways more than Oblivion. I could not stand the "random hit" concept though; many years of hard won FPS reflexes worthless despite appearances, the same idea in the likes of might and magic.

I will however say get the PC version, there are an incredible amount of mods available.

I know how you feel, the random hit thing sucks. Oblivion has more fun missions...? Morrowind's missions tend to be the same as Oblivions, somewhere down the line. Also, Morrowind did have a shitty area... Rock, town, snowy mountain, grass, the middle of nowhere... but that's just the graphics again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455